User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Totally clueless about ODBC

I am in the process of learning SQL. In order to complete the tutorial, I have to connect to the ODBC. But I am having alot of trouble establishing the connection. I am using Access 97 and MSWindows 2K Professional. Could anyone provide some insite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok here we go:

Go to the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC)

Once that is open go to the System DNS panel. Click on the Add button file in the information and select the database.

Once done that should be it. Since not sure what scripting language you are using to connect to that database that's the farthest I can go. Hopefully it works for you.
    Paul K. Zorn - pzorn@interlacedmedia.com
    All help is always good and I will always try to help back.

http://www.interlacedmedia.com/ - Full Service Graphic Design, Multimedia, Photography, Video and Web Shop.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using "Sams Teach Yourself SQL". I went through the steps of actually setting up the ODBC but the book is directing me to also set it up thorough SQL properties under the "ODBC Connect Str" field. I am getting this message "You cannot use ODBC to import from, export to, or link an external MS Jet or ISAM database table to your database". I have no idea what it is talking about.