SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zend framework and internal error 500 message

Hi,

I've just finished writing my first zend framework application and have hit a brick wall. The site works perfectly on my Windows pc with WAMP server 2 installed but now I've uploaded it to my hosting server (Apache 2, php 5.2, mysql 5) I am having problems with Internal Server Error 500 message being displayed randomly.

Sometimes I can browse fine, other times I have to press refresh as it jumps to an Error500 page. I've checked the apache error log but nothing is being reported as to why this might be happening.

Anyone come accross this when using zend framework? Does anyone have an idea of how to resolve this?
    I could post some configs but wasnt sure what you'd want.

Thanks,

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

internal server errors

Internal Server errors can be a pain to resolve, but I suspect there may be differences in the httpd.conf or an htaccess file.
    Make sure that all paths use forward slashes "/" not the backwards slashes "\" that Windows uses. Also, Windows uses colons ":" for path separators instead of semi-colons ";" And check for the proper case of path/file names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks for that. I will go through the code now and double check I've got the slashes and colons in the correct format. I THINK I've used PATH_SEPERATOR and DIRECTORY_SEPERATOR for everything but always worth checking.