User Tag List

Thread: What A Problem?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation What A Problem?

I have been handling a server from last 2 months.Actually this server as owner says got restart suddenly then when it started working suddenly all machine attached to it got dump error.After manually restarting the server the attached machine came back to life but server got out off order.Its getting restart continuously after every 10 seconds.It reaches till booting point then suddenly dump error screen flashes for a second or two then again it gets restart.
    I am trying to solve this problem but am not getting where it is actually.So now I have decided to format its C drive,but problem is that office persons will loose there database as they didnt took backup from last week.
    What to do?
    RockAway Technology
    www.rtginc.net

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several things:
    1) Error dumps usually aren't software related. They are usually hardware related. It may be that your hard drive or RAM is going bad. Try starting it in safe-mode or something and running memory tests.

2) Backup the information on the hard drive. Physically take it out of that computer and copy it to a new hard drive using another computer. That way you won't lose anything if you do format the drive.

Like I said though, it sounds like a hard drive error. It's likely to be something like RAM or something going bad. You should run some tests first. If you can post the error, or at least part of it, we can probably narrow down your problem.

Also, give us info about the server, like the OS and hardware specs.