SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help needed regarding adsense revenue

i am in a process of buying a website with revenue.........the seller has showed me screenshots and a check from google on his name..........how do i verify that the check he has been sent is for adsense OF THE WEBSITE HE IS SELLING.......thank you all

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's generally very hard to verify this information. If the seller is confident in the revenue stream from the site then ask them to give you a gaurentee of the income. Ultimately if you cannot trust the person who you are buying from then maybe you should reconsider the purchase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mazadillon is right. It's sort of like gambling. For example when I sold my website it was like shooting in the dark. Sitepoint doesn't have a feedback mechanism so we don't really know who we are dealing with.

If you don't trust the revenue but believe there's a potential then go for it. Buying a website merely looking at the statistics or revenue doesn't work out well.

And pay him via PayPal (Business Account). So what will happen is after you make the payment and he screw you up, you can request a charge back.

Avoid Western Union, Credit Card and other services mostly used by scammers.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree; it's mostly based on trust. Nowadays with the technology available (photoshop, for example), you can make anything up.

If you have any doubts or feel uncomfortable or suspect anything foul, it's probably better safe than sorry.
    www.articlegala.com

Unique high-quality articles for sell, 100% pass copyscape.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also use escrow to pay which will protect you regards getting the content for the site. With reagrds earnings, you really can't know what the site is actually earning as screenshots can be false or as you are thinking, may be for a different site entirely.