SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi-User Wordpress Woes (any suggestions)

I often do presentations about blogging and decided to setup mu wordpress on BlogCram.com. My intentions are to allow the people I present the ability to have a subdomain off of BlogCram in order to play with wordpress before hosting it themselves.

Here is the problem I am running into right now: When someone signs up on BlogCram they are given a username and password to be a contributor to the main domain. This is the last thing I want. I am trying to figure out how to setup them up with a subdomain to blog on.

I've gone through the admin panel with a fine comb but no success. I do not doubt that this is a quick fix, but I cannot figure it out. Any insight would be appreciative!

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creating subdomains is something you need to do with your hosting control panel; WordPress can't do it for you. Create the subdomain and install a fresh copy of WordPress in it then give the admin password to your author.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dan Grossman: THANKS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an oldish thread...

But, I think when you install WordPress MU it gives you the option up front to choose whether you want the blogs on your install to use sub-domains or sub-directories.
    Last edited by tauperkin; Jun 11, 2008 at 06:27.