SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple & Google Tops in Customer Satisfaction

Apple leads the personal computer industry with a score of 85, an all-time high. Apple is outpacing rivals by a wide margin as Dell was second with a score of 75 followed by HP (73) and Gateway at 72.
    (The University of Michigan’s second quarter American Customer Satisfaction Index rates companies on a 100 point scale.)

The survey said Windows Vista hurt PC vendor scores. That's old news, but what surprised me was Microsoft's ranking under search engines and portals. I expected to find it in third place, after Google and Yahoo, but they ranked it FOURTH after Google, Yahoo and "All Others" - and just one point above Ask.com.

Google won the e-business category easily with a score of 86, which is well above Yahoo’s tally of 77, which fell 3 percent. E-business sites overall had a score of 79.3. Microsoft’s MSN was flat at 75.
    The big winners appear to be Apple, Google, Ask.com and "all others."

Google, Apple surge in customer satisfaction rating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Higher the customer satisfaction, greater will be the success of any company and it is no wonder apple and google topped the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the source article:
    “It’s hard not to be impressed with Apple,” said Prof. Fornell. “This is product extension at its best where the new products, iPod and iPhone, are helping bring new customers to existing computer products. The fact that Apple is not dependent on the Windows Vista operating system hasn’t hurt either.”
    I'm not ready to jump on the Apple bandwagon yet, or ever, but it will be interesting to see where this goes. Apple's customer satisfaction numbers are on the rise while the rest of the industry is losing points in that area, according to that particular survey.
    A community environment where web designers can share their work:
    RateMyWebPage.net
    Check out and review some new and unique websites or submit your own

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just occurred to me that Apple is poised for a major public relations coup - possibly a double coup.

First, it sounds like Apple's next operating system, Snow Leopard, will be released before Microsoft's next OS, Windows 7 (aka Vista 2). With Vista still driving customers to Apple, a newer OS will only sweeten the pie - especially if Windows 7 is years overdue, as Vista was.

In other news, Apple's market share has nearly tripled, from 3% to more than 8%. When it hits 10%, stand back, because that's going to make headlines.

So what if the release of Snow Leopard and the Mac's arrival at the magic 10% barrier roughly coincided? As always, there will be many other variables to factor in, but the possibilities are nothing short of awesome.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its nice to know that these giants value their customers...I am using Google since a long and getting replies to all my queries with good time...Didn't used Apple for any service but I hope that will also care for me...

Thanks