SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant set up my admin... error - Cannot start session without errors, please check...

I'm working on windows XP with IIS and trying to set up phpmyadmin. I keep getting this error message when I try to run phpmyadmin. From my research around the net it seems like phpmyadmin is the most difficult thing to install lol... I've heard of stories of people spending days figuring this out... so far I'm on my 2nd day lol

Right now I'm at the point where I keep getting this error...

Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

I've done some research and many say its a permission problem with the session folder in the php.ini file. So far I've gone into both the windows and program files/php.ini file and changed the session.save_path to c:/Inetpub/php_session. Then I went into control panel administrative tools then to IIS and located that folder and click properties and set read and write permission.

Unfortunately I still get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be helpful if you posted the actual error messages contained in the web server logs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did post the error...

Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

I've gotten it working... seems I had to give read and write permission to the folder where PHP sessions are kept and it couldn't just be the simpe read and write permission from the IIS manager I actually have to change my entire explorer options to enable a new tab under folder properties which allowed me to give read and write permission to different users.

I'll be writing a detailed report on how I got it working so anyone else having the same prob wont have to go through the same stress I did lol besides I have a bad memory and site point is a great storage point

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_2007 View Post
    It would be helpful if you posted the actual error messages contained in the web server logs.
    Seems like you got it working, good luck.