I've spent the past few months mulling over a website idea, and now I'm thinking of taking it to the next level by coming up with a business plan and creating this idea by the book. I've had a lot of interest in the idea I've pitched and if this works it could be the only website of its kind.

It didn't take me long to find some Business Plan templates that work well, but getting the overall content looks pretty difficult. How would I go about getting these bits of data?

1) Similar products on the market. As far as I know there aren't any, so what should I do about this one? If there are products working in closed sectors or not on the Internet do they could as similar products?

2) Cash Flow Projection. I have no experience with this, and would need to work out what everything would cost to pitch it as an idea, such as legal costs, copyright details, insurance, hosting, whatever an e-business needs?

3) Plagiarism. My website relies on users submissions as well as its own content. How would I go about covering myself with IP. Is it worthwhile to contact a lawyer (even though I'm very young and lacking tons of cash to pour into this idea).

4) Getting an e-business off the ground. I'm a student by day, but have always had an interest of running a business online if started properly. As far as hosting goes I've always stuck with shared, but with interest from third-parties dedicated may become an immediate option. Any good guides on buying hosting for those looking for something with a bit of bulk? I'm a CS student so technical information isn't too much of a problem.

I've been holding these ideas of mine off for way too long and really want to start this one up. Any stories of how you guys and girls got your businesses off from idea to development would be fantastic, as well as some information on how business is going now. What is your day-to-day schedule like? Are you part-time and if so how does that affect your business?

Any book recommendations would be great as well.