So apparently my literature site exceeded it's bandwidth limit today. Hopefully I'll have it back up in an hour or so but its kinda upsetting.
Anyways I can't access my stat program, only my raw access log, so I downloaded my raw access log for today so far, thats only 9 hours worth of log.
It was 230 mb and had over 1,200,000 requests in it.
Those are HTTP request, and not page views, but damn. I was suprised.
This is probably why I don't use a log analyzer for stats, loading that 230 mb file into a text editor was enough to almost take all of my system resources - I'm sure trying to analyze it on the server would cause all sorts of problems.
I don't know how I had this bandwidth problem, I figure either a robot went crazy or I got some media coverage somehow, last I checked I wasn't in danger of reaching the limit.