User Tag List

Thread: style sheets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face style sheets

Hi,
    I was wondering if a style sheet is something i can download, or is it something i have to make? I am totally lost trying to open up old msn logs recovered from a crashed hard drive. If anyone could tell me what to do in order to be able to read them PLEASE help me.

Thanks,

Christiana

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Christiana, and welcome to SitePoint!

Please pardon me for being blunt - I'm dealing with a family crisis at the moment, but you're going to have to create a stylesheet if you want to use it. It's really not that hard, and there are plenty of resources (especially here on SitePoint) that will show you how to do it. All it requires is a text editor (even Notepad will do) and some knowledge of how CSS works.

They're included with Web pages (usually as a separate file) and are used to govern how a Web page looks and feels, from the layout to the typography and more. The most basic way to view them is to just open it in a browser - if you know wher eit is at, you can just go there, like with a regular Web page. Some browsers, such as Internet Explorer, will force a feile download, while others, such as Opera, will let you look at them right there in the browser.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at both CSS Basics and HTML Dog for excellent tutorials on HTML and CSS for beginners - that should help.
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project