User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website Rewards Program - Please Review

Hi,

We are in beta mode on a new website idea (www.myperkplace.com). Basically it's a central bank for website rewards. We allow websites to purchase points from us, give them to their users (however they see fit) and the users can earn points from multiple sites and then redeem the points for rewards. Without going into much more detail I'd love for you all to review the site itself, but even more so the concept and what "bases" I would need to cover to get you or others to sign up.

VERY much appreciated.

Link to site.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You website is good. I think your main menu is not very clear, such as the information "We accept Paypal" should not occur in main menu bar.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    index page is clean and inviting. the green theme is pleasing. navigation is clear and simple.

I wanted to click on your arrowed bullets and images in the two main boxes. Consider hyperlinking those to the same pages as the "Learn More" links. Same thing with the header text on those boxes.

Why the PayPal popup? Is that required by paypal? It's a PR hole at the very least, and I dont see it as necessary.

I dont understand the "Earn Great Rewards" box, there's no link to explain it to me, just an animated Amazon logo.
    Greg Cagle
    Site Administrator
    Poker Chips Advice, Reviews, and Forums

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback, I will try to incorporate some changes soon.

One thing I'm curious about, what do you mean by 'paypal popup', there shouldn't be any popups on the page. There is a paypal logo on the upper corner (that I plan on moving or getting rid of), but its not a popup.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the color scheme except that it needs to be more contrasting. Use White instead of a offwhite on the backgrounds, and within the actual site itself. there's also extra space above the header which shouldn't be there. The typography is all over the place. You really need to fix all the issues here, including both menus, headings, and lists. In general, make them smaller, and add more padding.

I also don't quite understand your logo. It doesn't make any sense in terms of the sites content. Also, it should use white instead of that awful gray. Also, try to condense both of the menus, using nested lis if you need to. Finally, don't use all caps on the logo if your not going to do the same for the content and headings.
    Erichuangis: Erichuangis.com
    Small Blogs Network: Small Blogs Network

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I'll take all the feedback and work on redoing some of the site.

I'd also really appreciate feedback on the website idea itself (and the execution) aside from the look and feel of the site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO your site would look more vibrant with a non white background behind the site. I think a green color could work well.

I like the concept overall and might even have a site that could use it.

One thing I thought could be improved is the images used next to each number on the register my site. I was thinking how a set of large icons that all have the same style could really put a nice touch on this site.

Overall it looks to be function well and a good solid site.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdprgm View Post

One thing I thought could be improved is the images used next to each number on the register my site. I was thinking how a set of large icons that all have the same style could really put a nice touch on this site.
    jdprgm,

Thanks I really appreciate the feedback. I'm a bit confused which page your referring to with regards to the "images used next to each number". Could you clarify?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fsa3 View Post
    jdprgm,

Thanks I really appreciate the feedback. I'm a bit confused which page your referring to with regards to the "images used next to each number". Could you clarify?

Thanks!
    It was this page, http://www.myperkplace.com/MoreInfoSiteOwner.jsp

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site does look good. The color choices are great. The header is a bit oversized, though.