SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Can I Find A Good Low-Cost Web Design Service?

I need some very simple brochureware websites built. Was just going to buy some templates and do it myself, but too busy with other projects. Example is a site to display photos and information about a rental house (it ofcourse will also be listed in the paid directories) but owner wants there own custom website.

One route would be to hire one of these low cost Indian web design firms at <snip>.

However I see a lot of companies that (along with hosting) offer low-cost 'custom' website design services for flat fees.

How can I find one that is a good bang for the buck and has good turnaround time, dependable, produces decent looking sites? These are going to be pretty basic sites but need to look professional.
    Last edited by Shyflower; Apr 5, 2008 at 05:26. Reason: Removed prices

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put an ad in the Looking to Hire section.

SitePoint Evangelist ramone_johnny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    urgghh...

You get what you pay for in this business.

Good luck.

RJ

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could give rentacoder, elance, getafreelancer etc. a try, good talent for all budgets. Of course, you still get what you pay for, but it's easier to choose. Elance is still the only one I can recommend for very good talent but the others are cheaper.
    Hot Hot Flash Files, Gallery/Portfolios, Menus, RSS etc.
    ^ Free as well as commercial flash files.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worry about the really cheap designs I really do, but it sounds like you just want a 'throwaway' product anyway. I think your original idea of getting some templates together and doing it yourself was probably best!

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is for a client of yours, make sure you charge the client enough so that you can provide them with quality work even if you outsource it. You don't want to get a reputation for doing cheap work.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving this discussion. Thanks for the input. I concur with the opinions. However I was hoping to find a recommendation on some service like 'Professional Websites up to 8 pages with Contact Page' $199. Where THEY have the thousands of templates and put it together with the text and photos I provide.

They have this service all over the web for Logo Design and I've used a couple different services and some are a better bang for the buck than others (better design, more designs to choose from for same price, faster turnaround)

I was trying to find any opinion/consensus on the brochureware website design service equivalent to these Logo Design companies. Actually I think some also offer the basic website service. Maybe I should start there?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the comment that you get what you pay for, Especially in todays competitive market if it is a business website then quality is important. Consider the amount of time you will spend on search engine optimisation and so on which will all go to waste if the design is not professional. If cost is a big factor then you should try using Wordpress or Joomla if it can meet your needs. You will be bale to install them on server using the fantastico which comes pre-installed on most shared web hosting accounts. With a little luck and searching on Google you should also be able to find the right templates to match your intended branding,
    If you still want an affordable website designed then you should try searching on Google. The Adwords listings can provide you with exact contact details of local designers / web design companies in your area.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, just after my post I found myself Googling and ended up clicking on a lot of the Adwords Campaigns. We think the same.

One thing to keep in mind is that these are very basic websites I need created. They do need to look professional but there's templates out there. I just want to pay someone to find the template and add the content and customize it. So I need a well-priced dependable company that has quick turnaround that can do this for me. I see Heritage Web Design seems to be the 800 pound Gorilla, at least from the Adwords perspectie. Then you google Heritage Web Design and you see all these pages with complaints about them.

I found a page that was on getfreelancer.com. Some guy in india with like a 10-star rating or whatever with 201 reviews with lots of comments like 'fastest coder' 'incredibly fast and professional results' etc. Probably charges $15/hr or a couple hundred for a full blown brochureware website. My gut is telling me he may be the man, or at least the company of web geeks that are working for him. He's got so many reviews I doubt it is just him? But who knows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are looking your websites designed user and search engines friendly, I think, the good idea should be opting a Web Design Company in Asia. Normally here, The whole world are getting their outsourcing work done, on the affordable costs, with eye-catching and user friendly websites, easy to maintain, navigate and share.

Please let us know if we could be any help..

Thanks

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you may try our hire section or just use some freelance sites.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freelance sites are good... There are many forums where you can post projects. If you Google it you will find hundreds. I agree with suggestions that you should charge the client enough even if you outsource it. You never know how fussy the client will be,. I have had clients who want a cheap solution but then during review come up with hundreds of changes.