SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In config.inc.php I not have orange text:
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; // MySQL password (only needed
    my config.inc.php http://a.imageshack.us/img291/7757/g...0725130641.jpg

when start http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ not ask for password.

In localhost/phpmyadmin-Privilegs indicates that the password was set http://a.imageshack.us/img291/3189/g...0725130442.jpg
    I do not understand what it means yellow note at the bottom.

I clear Recent History

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys Im using easyphp and I can't find out the ****in mysql console in mysql folder of it.

Any help??

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand, all that happens when I go to 'console' is I get prompted for a password and when I try plugging it in, the machine beeps loudly and it disappears. I must be missing something in the process. I don't care about adding a password; I just want the myphpadmin to show the database. I had to reload wamp on another drive becuase things got so badly screwed up on the c and I ended up having to unistall it. Now I'm at square one again but experiencing the same error: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
    I don't understand, all that happens when I go to 'console' is I get prompted for a password and when I try plugging it in, the machine beeps loudly and it disappears. I must be missing something in the process. I don't care about adding a password; I just want the myphpadmin to show the database. I had to reload wamp on another drive becuase things got so badly screwed up on the c and I ended up having to unistall it. Now I'm at square one again but experiencing the same error: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    Don't use the ; behind the password

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I'm writing with the assumption that u have already set the password for ur root folder on xampp or wamp

Jusr use 'root' as ur username for phpmyadmin, n not the username u used for the root folder.
    But for the password field, use the password u set for ur root folder.

Hope this wud help

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done that, but still ERROR POPS UP...

..UNTIL..

..CLEAR THOSE CACHE & COOKIES & RECENT HISTORY OF YOUR BROWSER. THEN MyPHPADMIN WILL RETRIEVE FROM YOUR SETTINGS CONFIG FILE AND WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL INSTEAD FROM CACHE.

It takes the damn one whole day for me to figure this very simple solution step.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi guys

i did exactly what you suggested, even more than once, and nothing changes. and i didn't make such big changes in the phpmyadmin. right after i got that message i went to the forum and tried the solution quoted. please help me my site and database are closed for me....

thank you

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i have a very annoying problem

the phpmyadmin is logging in now, thanks to the great solution youv'e suggested! so thank you for that!

but i can't log on to my site through localhost
    i keep getting that message no matter what i do:

Database Error: Unable to connect to the Database: Could not connect to MySQL.

i don't get it! what to do??

From space with love silver trophy
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What error is being returned by MySQL? Try logging into MySQL with the same host, user and password combination as what your using for MySQL or alternativly in PHPMyAdmin create a new MySQL user that has suitable access rights just for the database for the app concerned and no other apps
    Community Team Advisor
    Forum Guidelines: Posting FAQ Signatures FAQ Self Promotion FAQ
    Help the Mods: What's Fluff? Report Fluff/Spam to a Moderator

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey. thanks for answering!

in the end i have erased all my files from localhost and installed joomla 1.6 all over again

now i have really dumb questions but it troubles me:

its working ok now, but i have no idea what was the problem, and i'm afraid to upload new folders for my other sites. like wordpress for example, to the localhost. and so i'm dtuck with only one folder that works. and i'm afraid to tuch it

what do you say can i create new folders in localhost....?

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe you simply needed to shut down and restart the server? i.e. If you made config changes they don't "take" until a restart.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at first that really was the thing. i just needed to restart the servers and so i feell silly.

but afterwords, the problem with the mysql did not worked whatever i did, until i erased all my folders and reinstalled it. so in fact i didn't really solved anything. and so i'm afraid to add more files and sites. i really don't know what went wrong.

do you think i can upload more files to new sites allltogether to my localhost with new folders liuke wordpress etc.?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

first, thank you for the great tutorial. I know this thread my be a little old, but I recently had this exact same problem only nothing was working for me until I came across this:

Step1: Go to Control Panel
    Step2: Click Administrator Tools
    Step3: Click Services
    Step4: Find MySQL Service
    Step5: Right click and click stop
    Step6: Now Restart Wampserver

If nothing else is working give it a shot, it worked for me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubWill View Post
    first, thank you for the great tutorial. I know this thread my be a little old, but I recently had this exact same problem only nothing was working for me until I came across this:

Step1: Go to Control Panel
    Step2: Click Administrator Tools
    Step3: Click Services
    Step4: Find MySQL Service
    Step5: Right click and click stop
    Step6: Now Restart Wampserver

If nothing else is working give it a shot, it worked for me.
    You know what...

I just registered not too long ago and was about to quote Iamsam123's quote with the same problem.

But for my last effort I decided to try THIS solution and by God's grace it WORKED!!!!

You have my highest gratitude!!! Thanks so much!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm ussing Google Chrome... i cleaned the caché. and works!!! its important

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Thanks for providing the solution to the problem bbparis - it worked fine for me.

However, in my opinion, writing the root password in a config.inc.php file appears to be a big security flaw. Surely, it now makes it easy for hackers to go and read your root password very easily.

Is there a way of making it more secure?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Registered to say thank you for your help everyone. bbparis & andrern2000 wonderful solutions together they both fixed the problem. For those that do not know how to clear their browsers history, cache & cookies. Indiana University knowledge base compiled a great explanation for many browsers on how to do this. Would add the link but im not sure if that is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana University
    Internet Explorer 8 and above

1. From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History... .

2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.

3. Click Delete.

Internet Explorer 7

1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options.

2. Under "Browsing history", click Delete... .

3. To delete your cache, click Delete files... .

To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies... .

To delete your history, click Delete history... .
    4. Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Firefox 3.5 and above for Windows

1. From the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History... .

2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.

3. Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose what history elements to clear (e.g., check Cookies to clear cookies). Click Clear Now.

Firefox 3 for Windows

1. From the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History... , and then select the items you want to delete (e.g., Browsing & Download History, Cache, Cookies).

2. Click Clear Recent History... .

Chrome

1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
    2. Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data).

You can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information from the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
    3. Click Clear browsing data.

Safari

1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari... .

2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.

Firefox 3.5 and above for Mac OS X

1. From the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History.

2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.

3. Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements to clear. Click Clear Now.

Firefox 3 for Mac OS X

1. In Firefox, from the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History.

2. Select the elements you want to clear (e.g., Browsing & Download History, Cache, Cookies), and then click Clear Private Data Now.

Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)

To clear cache and cookies:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.

2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap the buttons for Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. To confirm, tap Clear Cookies or Clear Cache again.

To clear history:

1. From the home screen, tap Safari.

2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.

3. In the lower left, tap Clear.

4. Tap Clear History.

Android

To clear cache, cookies, or history:

1. Start your browser.

2. Tap Menu, and then tap More.

3. Select Settings.

4. Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept (or Cancel to cancel) the deletion.

Quote Originally Posted by bbparis
    1 : go to your WAMP icon on your PC desktop screen and LEFT CLICK to open the menu, you will see MYSQL folder, CLICK to see MYSQL CONSOLE, open it.

2: now you have DOS screen ( a black screen ) :

A: if you already set a password, type it
    B: if you did not do this step yet, write the following red text
    B1: use mysql; and click ENTER on your keyboard
    3: now write the following red text and click ENTER :

UPDATE mysql.user
    ->SET Password=PASSWORD("*******")
    ->WHERE User="root";

don't worry about this sign ( -> ) , because for example when you write ( UPDATE mysql.user ) and you click ENTER on your keyboard, a new line appear with this sign ( -> ), your command will execute when you write this sign ( ; ) at the end of your text and click ENTER.

NOTE: replace the password ******* by your password.

4: now write the following red text and click ENTER :

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

5: and to exit the black DOS screen now, write exit and click enter.
    [hr]

Quote Originally Posted by andrern2000
    CLEAR THOSE CACHE & COOKIES & RECENT HISTORY OF YOUR BROWSER. THEN MyPHPADMIN WILL RETRIEVE FROM YOUR SETTINGS CONFIG FILE AND WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL INSTEAD FROM CACHE.
    ~Blessings~

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derm w View Post
    Many thanks fellas.
    Thanks to you things are swimming again and everything is rosy.
    And Longneck I've left a pint of Guinness for you at the bar!

For any other fellow newbies here is the whole fix:-
    mysql>UPDATE mysql.user
    ->WHERE User="root";
    mysql>FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

This is from Sitepoint's "Build your own Database Driven Website using PHP and MYSQL"

And then as Longneck said specify the password in the config.inc.php file for phpmyadmin.

Kind regards,
    Dermot.

I just registered to say thank you. My issue is resolved.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbparis View Post
    I'm just to confirm you that it's the solution.

yesterday I tried to fix the problem, but the only think that was missing is the first line in MySQL command:

UPDATE mysql.user

I was writing ( UPDATE mysql ) : so please follow the next steps if you want to resolve your problem with ( #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO):

1 : go to your WAMP icon on your PC desktop screen and LEFT CLICK to open the menu, you will see MYSQL folder, CLICK to see MYSQL CONSOLE, open it.

2: now you have DOS screen ( a black screen ) :

A: if you already set a password, type it
    B: if you did not do this step yet, write the following red text
    B1: use mysql; and click ENTER on your keyboard
    3: now write the following red text and click ENTER :

UPDATE mysql.user
    ->WHERE User="root";

don't worry about this sign ( -> ) , because for example when you write ( UPDATE mysql.user ) and you click ENTER on your keyboard, a new line appear with this sign ( -> ), your command will execute when you write this sign ( ; ) at the end of your text and click ENTER.

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

------------------------- we are finished from MySQL now --------------

6: go to WAMP folder ( open your My Computer, click on C driver, and you will see WAMP folder ), click on APPS folder, and than click on your PHPMYADMIN folder ( e.g my folder called phpmyadmin2.11.6 ) and find the config.inc.php

7: open config.inc.php and find the following orange text:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; // MySQL password (only needed

and add your password now that you used in step number 3 like that :

[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'yourpasswordhere'; // MySQL password (only needed[/COLOR]

8: now save this modification, and close config.inc.php

9: go to your web browser and type the following link :

http://localhost/phpmyadmin/

and enjoy, this is what happened with me.

NB: I wrote all this explications, because I'm also learning PHP and I found a lot on this website helped me, so I'm trying also to help you.

Thank you. Your step by step explanation was too easy for any newbie like me to follow. Cheers mate

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I've got the error #1045 when i try to access phpmyadmin ...
    So, I've already had an Wamp installed on my computer one year ago, since that, i deleted it, and few days ago, i installed the new version (2.2a).
    So I've got the problem you said, but when i go to the mySQL console, i've got the message to enter the password, and I don't remember him (I don't even know if I put it in) !
    So after that, I uninstalled WampServer, delete the wamp folder, reboot my computer, and re-install WampServer2.2a but still password needed !!

What should I do ?

I went to the my.ini file and uncomment the password section and put mine :
    Code:
    # The following options will be passed to all MySQL clients
    [client]
    password	= test
    port		= 3306
    socket		= /tmp/mysql.sock
    Then i restart all services, try to enter mySQL console with that password, no changes.

Other problem, the icon for Wamp stay orange (even if I put him online), what does that mean ?

Thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Please dont do any changes on php.ini file, yet. After the fresh install of wamp server, run it. Go to your WAMP icon on your task bar and LEFT CLICK to open the menu, you will see MYSQL folder, CLICK to see MYSQL CONSOLE, open it.
    In the command prompt enter the details as mentioned in my previous mail. it doesnt matter if you remember your old password or not coz your are updating it with a new password.
    Once your done with it, go to WAMP folder which should be in your C Drive (localdrive) and click on APPS folder, and then click on PHPMYADMIN folder ( e.g my folder called phpmyadmin2.11.6 ) and find the config.inc.php

Open config.inc.php and you should have something like this
    <?php
    $cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'enter any secret password';

/* Servers configuration */
    $i = 0;

/* Server: localhost [1] */
    $i++;
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'enter the password the you set on the DOS prompt';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

Save this, restart your wamp server and you should be good to go. I have also heard that you have turn off the firewall to install WAMP server correctly. Once the installation is done you can turn it back on.
    Hope this should resolve your issue. My knowledge is very limited so you can also check on other senior members for assistance.

Cheers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, thanks for your reply !

But i can't even not a single thing in mysql prompt, cause it's asking me the password, like this :
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ysqldaube.jpg/

I tried to type :
    UPDATE mysql.user
    or
    use mysql;
    in the password field, but it doesn't work !

I'm really really bother by all that stuff, i don't want to reinstall Windows just cause of wamp. :'(

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have not set any password then, in the MySQL console don't enter any password click on enter
    then you can follow the below mentioned steps

type use mysql;
    and click ENTER on your keyboard
    now write the following red text and click ENTER :

UPDATE mysql.user
    ->WHERE User="root";

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that if I didn't set any password I just have to click 'enter'
    But when I type 'enter', it's like I've sent a password (it must have been saved somewhere, but I already uninstalled Wamp, make a clean with CCleaner, then install again, with a reboot of the machine at each step) and it's hasn't been deleted from my computer :
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ysqldaube.jpg/

Because I've already made some research on the subject and already use Wamp, so I actually know how to access to mysql prompt when no password has been set, but I don't know what to do in my case ! I'm totally stuck in my position, I think the only way to fix the whole thing is to format my Windows partition ...
    That's why I hate windows, always compelled you to do thing you don't want to ...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi can you can set password to yes on config.inc.php file
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

and then try