User Tag List

Thread: Nav bar in CSS

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Nav bar in CSS

I am new to using CSS. I bought the book CSS Anthology a couple of years ago. I did not manage to get my head round it then. Now I am having another go!

Can anyone tell me how to stop my nav bar moving when I click to a larger screen. I have set the style sheet as relative; but I do not know what it is relative to.

The link is

http://www.manitoulin-island.com/blu...eek/index.html

Help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, looking at your structure, an issue I see right away is the use of tables for layout. While CSS is a design element in the web site creation process, it's still very much dependent on the structural code of your website (HTML/XHTML) to provide the correct results.

With that said, I'd recommend looking at the article Nifty Navigation Using CSS. I'd also recommend checking out the other articles on CSS Navigation, as well as the "Tableless CSS" category in the CSS Guides to see how tableless layouts work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_fuel View Post
    Well, looking at your structure, an issue I see right away is the use of tables for layout. While CSS is a design element in the web site creation process, it's still very much dependent on the structural code of your website (HTML/XHTML) to provide the correct results.

With that said, I'd recommend looking at the article Nifty Navigation Using CSS. I'd also recommend checking out the other articles on CSS Navigation, as well as the "Tableless CSS" category in the CSS Guides to see how tableless layouts work.
    Ah, I didn't know the nifty navigation was updated. I just got done following through the older one here:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/print/css-a...-tips-tricks-4

Looking at the images on the new article, the pages look nicer and better.