Well its been about 3 years since I worked on apache rewrites, and it sure shows. My web host is horrible and I have jsut had enough, so I want to move everything to a new host. The problem is, the site doesnt work on the new host. I really dont know why, but it seems as though the variables are not carrying over in the mod rewrites. Im sure my code is atrociously riddled with error, but I dont know why it worked before and now it doesnt. Here is what I have narrowed it down to:

===
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule (.*)/([A-Za-z]*[u])/$ /details.php\?z\=$1\&w\=$2

RewriteRule (.*)/([A-Za-z]*[u])$ /details.php\?z\=$1\&w\=$2
RewriteRule page(.*)/cost(.*)-(.*)/(.*)$ index\.php\?curpage\=$1\&p\=$2\&costy\=$3\&t\=$4
===

So that is the rewite that worrks on the old server, but not on the new. I have even tried such things as thus:

====
RewriteRule (.*)/([A-Za-z]*[u])/$ /details.php\?z\=pleaseReturnaVariable
===
And still it will not return $z. I have tried countless escape character variations as well. It does however send me to the correct page (details.php), but no variable is being sent over. I spent about 3 hours on this and still no luck. I really want to get out of this web host before they "transition" and break things again.

Thanks for the help.