User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UI Post Project Checklist::

Hi Frns
    I want to maintain a UI document/Checklist (Excel-sheet) after the completion of each project (each project goes for an average 15 to 30 days) and share the document with the higher management.
    I can think of a few basic things to include like
    1. Weather all the browsers are tested or not for the required change.
    2. Weather all the monitors like LCD, laptop tested.
    3. Is the UI code okay or is it messed after application integration means after integrating .net code in it if the page is an aspx page
    4. Do the required modified pages follow web standards weather all the images have alt tags and uploaded to proper folder etc
    5. If any other site has similar functionality.

Please give your expert opinion on what can I include in the sheet/Document in order to present the project summary in a professional way.

Tx a bunch btw for ur suggessions:::::::
    Vicky::::

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Vicky,

Have you thought about getting The Usability Kit by any chance? It covers this, and so much more. There's also Deliver First Class Web Sites: 101 Essential Checklists by Shirley Kaiser (I actually have a copy of this).

(Yes, I know I'm pushing SitePoint's products here, but I really think they're worth it, and will cover what you're asking here, as well as so much more.)

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without going into anything about checking how usable the interface is after any changes made to it by the project, they should update any manuals or documentation for things that would be affected by the project.