SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

list with which shopping sites, adwords, google base, shopzilla???

Ok, which shopping sites are worthing paying for? We already pay for adwords, we are getting listed in google base but what about the others like shopzilla, bizrate, etc?

Are they worth it? Thanks for any advice.

SitePoint Member ErnestHemingway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shopzilla is worth it to be honest. I have had good results with them. Better than google. There are some others but the traffic is not as good as the other.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To take a comment from the 2008 etail conference, CSEs are competing with you already, therefore you don't have an option. This doesn't mean every CSE will bring you positive results or be worth your time but they are definitely worth trying out and testing. Just keep in mind that to see success you need to setup feeds and bids that match each individual site... what you use on ShopZillia probably will not work on PriceGrabber or Google Product Search without some changes. Each CSE shows information a bit differently and each directs traffic in a different manner so your job is to get each to look their very best. Doing this requires time so so starting one at a time is often best. Measure the results for each item on each CSE, test changing the feeds around and see who makes the grade and who doesn't.

FYI, BizRate is a shop ranking service that comes free from ShopZilla with your merchant account.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shopzilla, yahoo, shopping.com, amazon

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do Google simply because I can automate the entire thing. I'm always listed with all of my products and never have to lift a finger to do it (after writing my initial script that is).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bizrate is also good. You can use shopping.yahoo.com, shopping.msn.com.

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've tried out both ShopZilla and Price Grabber and had much better results with ShopZilla.

The big thing is to be sure and install their ROI tracking code so you can see exactly what your return on investment really is.

For us, ShopZilla is only worth it during the holidays...the rest of the year it ends up being a pretty big waste of money.