User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post www.web-ads-tycoon.com - Please review

Hi there,

Please would the sitepoint community review my recently launched website http://www.web-ads-tycoon.com

An increasing number of users are signing up to the Web Ads Tycoon service but I could do with some constructive feedback to help get more users signing up.

Your comments and feeback are appreciated, thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I would start with a more compelling headline. If you had 10 seconds to tell your viewer what you do and what you can do for them would this be it?

You may also ind it useful to sign up to clicktale.com which is free and records how visitors actually interact with your site.
    Its a great tool I'd highly recommend.

HTH

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be better if you can add the ability to browse sites by their content category. Also when browsing all sites, paging the results into small sets would be useful as well. Another suggestion to get users signed up is to waive your fees for first few hundred ad publishers in order to get them signed up.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate,

Its a good start, although I would personally look at carrying the site style through to all areas of the website e.g. the register buttons would look so much better if they matched the style of the sign up button at the bottom of the homepage.

Si

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, it's a bit inconsistent, the header doesn't seem to belong to the rest of the design, also the "logo" needs some refinements.

Also, try to use some graphical buttons, and the dotted lines are not looking quite nice, maybe it's just me because I'm not a big fan of dotted lines/borders.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks good to me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

congratulations.! I really liked your design approach. I would recommend a few changes:

1. Change the navigational links on the left of the page. Try to introduce some blocks behind each link in dark colour to emphasise them.

2. Have some white space between the header and the main content block

3. Personally, I wouldn't keep the pig image

Hope I helped.!

Always A Novice bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was about to give you a few design pointers when I noticed tables! AH. Flip this over to a tabless design, its not hard to do!

When you do this, I'd remove the background color state from the divs in the center so that you can see the background images in smaller resolution screens or when the windows is resized.

I'd add a rollover state to your links.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This feedback is great. I will take all of these into consideration and begin making some changes this week.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks good overall. I like simple sites like this.

The green bar however... I don't see that it should be there. There is nothing in the bar, nor does it fit with the color scheme. Just seems misplaced IMO.

The "Sign In" and "Register" buttons on top should have a style fitting with the website (not just the default button style).

But this is just being picky... the website overall looks great.

SitePoint Evangelist ramone_johnny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have numerous javascript errors on the homepage. Also, myself personally, when I see a bag of money or a credit card, especially on the homepage - its a turn off.

RJ

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey it looks good, but i think i would style the left nav a little different. Maybe a bg image?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design looks good, although it seems like I've seen it several other times before. I really would remove the bag with money image in the middle of the home page.