SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

content question

This may be a stupid question, but how do most celebrity gossip blogs get their content? I know a few of the big players are out on the street actually getting it. But do the smaller ones mostly just grab content from the bigger ones or is their a news wire?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure good question. I imagine it's a wire update or maybe they just check with Ryan Seacrest. Only kidding. I have seen that sites and update the buying and selling of stars homes in California. I would imagine TMZ and ET have there own people and most others get from the wire services or just spin the news of the day.

SitePoint Zealot phppoddotcom77's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they got the news form the big fish.

SitePoint Enthusiast MarketLeverage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the above posters. They may subscribe to the large sites RSS feeds. When they see a headline come across on the feed that would make a good post they write about it.
    MLTV - MarketLeverage's Online Affiliate Marketing Show
    GreenLinks - Watch GreenLinks- Affiliate Tutorial Videos!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in the entertainment industry and it always amazes me how everyone covers the same story. The truth is there are very few outlets breaking stories regularly, TMZ, TVGuide, Hollywood Reporter places like that, the rest are getting it from the news feeds from those sites.

Over the years I've developed my own sources, so I get more info than the average person but not more than your average TV reporter. It's all in who reports it first.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should imagine a lot just take it from other sites. Some I check even mention who has reported it (Usually TMZ) or even a newspaper.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep. i guess this works like this:
    a journalist/papparazzi get's a great story, sells it to one of the tabloids (online or not), then, for just some sort time that tabloid has got the gossip exclusively which makes it awesome, since everyone need to visit that site to see the gossip and/or copy it to their own site. so basically what is important i think is either grab a camera and hit hollywood or keep up with lots of rss.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also, copy other sites and just make up a bit more or go a bit further is quite often. Collaborations of other info works well too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a couple say..There's a rumor going around about..such and such..
    of course they are starting the rumor.. and making up the such and such...
    after all..its just a rumor right?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contents are usually from the major players in the celebrity gossip scene. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as you write your own content about that scoop AND you don't forget to cite your source.