User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile How to Change your Life

The truth is that people can change easily and instantly. The real problem is that they also change back just as easily!
    So, Do you intend to change you life? How?

Do you read some books for changing your life?
    Last edited by CS Geek; Mar 25, 2008 at 12:53.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm... have a dream, focus, succeed, and have more dreams .

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But those books would be written by other people. Why would I want them to tell me what to do with my life?

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to figure out where your interests are, where your passion lies and then develop those and forget about the things that seem to stand in your way, like hurdles of not enough time, not being quick enough or smart enough, not being able to communicate well, not knowing much about this particular field yet.

Just focus in on the things that are important to you, all other impediments fall away then automatically. Fight for this fire that you must develop in yourself and feed constantly, a book is not going to kindle it for you. Books about how to change your life are by necessity much too broad.

Once you know where you want to go, books can become very helpful.

I live exactly the way I want to live, I have gone through this struggle that I describe above, I am where I want to be. I do not intend to change.
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
    But those books would be written by other people. Why would I want them to tell me what to do with my life?
    hmmm... A book, written by other people... and it tells you how to live your life................. kinda like the bible!
    James Padolsey
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末
    Awesome JavaScript Zoomer (demo here)
    'Ajaxy' - Ajax integration solution (demo here)

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Without realising consciously what I was doing, I've been doing exactly as Datura details above for a while now. Yes you can change, it is not easy or a quick process, and you must first decide what it is you want to accomplish, and think your way back from that goal (or goals in many circumstances) in small steps. Once you have the road map, you are on your way.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To quote Nike - "Just do it!"
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having a child

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ezwoodz View Post
    having a child
    Excellent response!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make money get my own place and start a business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are never contented.I mean,my life is OK,nothing need to be changed

But I never refused more money ^^

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Same old same old everyday,
    If things don't change you're just gonna rot.

But if you do what you've always done,
    You'll always get what you always got..."
    Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having a lot of kids and a happy family. that will surely change my life. =)

SitePoint Zealot seoindiacompany's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do what your heart says.... i did the same few years back.. and now i am veryyyyyyyy happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing your life, in my opinion is very difficult to accomplish when you don't change your attitude of mind. What do I mean? Human, by nature is a creature of habit - habit, that word alone, everyone can relate to.

The way we live our lives, how we interact and socialize with people, how we respond to problems and issues, how we express our joys and sorrow, as well as many other aspects of our lives, are all a result of our habits we've developed through years of behavioral conditioning - from childhood to adulthood.

So it is extremely difficult to change unless we start at the origin - the mind! To start changing your attitude of mind about your life is actually the initial and most important step of all. If you don't do anything else, this is the least one can do to change their life, everything else will fall into place, and change will occur inevitably!

Here's a process (or a way) that I've learned from Anthony Robbins, a renown author and motivational speaker, that has helped me in my life. Maybe it can help you or anyone else.

Step 1: Decide what you really want. For example, let say you want to save $5,000 for vacation trip.

Step 2: Create a sense of urgency for yourself that would either give pleasure or pain to stimulate motivation. Continuing with the example, one way to a create sense of urgency is to tell your spouse (or boy/girl friend) you're taking him/her on a vacation trip...let say...to the Paris, France on a specific date. Now you've talk the talk, so you better walk the walk, right? Or risk shame and embarrassment that you couldn't keep your words (you've now created a sense of urgency).

Step 3: Change pattern. With the example, If you haven't even started saving money, well, now is the time to break that bad habit...and start saving money like crazy!

Step 4: Create a new empowering change. Continuing with the example, visit your local bank and setup a savings account to start saving money. One thing to do while you're at it, I don't know if every banks offers this, but setup an automatic transfer from your checking to savings account each month for whatever amount you want to set aside (i.e. $200/month).

Step 5: Rehearse the new change. With the example, since you've setup an automatic transfer going into your savings account each month to help you save, continue to find other ways to save as well and/or start earning an extra income on the side.

Step 6: Reward yourself when you reach your goal. Continuing on with the example, so you've now reached your goal of saving $5,000. Good for you! Now take your spouse (or boy/girl friend) out to dinner for a little small celebration. Many people over look this part but it is very important that you reward yourself. At the same time, never over do it! On a psychological level, your mind tells your body that, "Hey, this wasn't so bad after all...it's actually pretty cool...I can do this...I did this once, I can do it again!." Thus the change has taken effect on a psychological level.

Step 7: Test your change - has it made a difference in your life? You've started saving and have reached your goal, are you a happier person than before? Has the change to start saving money improve your circumstances in life?

Evaluate, how the change has affected your life. If it's a good thing and you like it, stick with it. If not, repeat the process and find something else you want to change in your life.

That's all there is to it. I hope you'll find this information useful to help you change your life.

"Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind." - William James
    Learn how average Joes can make an extra $50,
    $100, or $300 per day online without breaking
    a sweat.
    Discover ways to make money online.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, nice post. Thanks kxiong, very useful! Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answer is really easy,
    "Do what you don't usually do."

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go out and meet more people

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep your Expectations in the minimum....you will be happy then .
    Software development company, offshore software development

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep on with my studys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the process now of totally revamping my life, beyond the self help books and all that, I've just decided to sit and just do it. I only I could change my life in three major moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to change your life is to get up off your butt and o out and change it.

SitePoint Enthusiast MelissaMiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quit my day job again and do my art and learn computer stuff full time. For good. I'm 3/4 there. This is my third round and I make some progress each time. Keep your eye on your prize, that's my advice.

SitePoint Enthusiast RachWilson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, by keeping focused on my goals and not worrying so much about how it's going to happen, it seems it just does eventually... the key is that it happens in it's own time, not when I say I want it yesterday... d'oh!