SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blogger News Scripting

www.blogger.com

My Impression:

well... it's free, it's efficient, and it's customizable. Also, you can add people to your news posting group without the hassle of ftp permissions. You can build one script, or numerous scripts from one account. Therefore, you can run mulpitple new scripts from the same directory, if you wish.

If you want blogger to store your news script, they do include ads. If you have a host with php, simply set it to store on your webspace. With the free version stored on your space, all they expect is a link. (the default logo, your own logo, or simply text).

They do have a Pro version. It does cost a lot of money. I won't be using it. (my non-profit site can't afford it). Basically, this is a useful newscript for those of us unfamiliar with writing serverside content.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there a question in there i didn't see?

if you really want something free and total and complete control, try using greymatter.
    . . . chris

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll certainly give greymatter a whirl.

I thought this was a place to recommend free software, and tips to help build web communities *points to the link about free (and not free) bulletin boards*.

thanks for the recommendation

Chile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one has mentioned Moveable Type. I've heard amazing things about it lately.