Thread: VisualCues.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VisualCues.com

www.visualcues.com

Yes, it's a pretty new site. I've only been working on it since, well....since I leased my vBulletin two months ago.

Because I am lacking staff with similar experience, it's going to be a long, long, long road until the site reaches fruition. Put another way, I know a heck of a lot more about art than the site would indicate right now, and everyone else I know involved with Art is way too busy to type out articles and tutorials.

I haven't recieved a listing from Yahoo, or DMOZ yet. Honestly, the sky's the limit as far as potential, but I've already made a few mistakes.

*points to Lycos posting a Feb news posting as the site description*. I had to place a description on the index page because of this problem.

Ah well.... I could be a great test case for your book with regards to what could go right, or wrong, with building an online community.

With Regards,
    Chile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please understand that you must post in the Reviews forum if you want site reviews; this is only for forums.

I think it's way too dark - I'm not a fan of dark colors to begin with, and that brownish text makes it nearly unbearable to read.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mjames

I followed a link from vBulletin to here through a thread about online communities. Since mine is a budding online community, it made sense to list it here with the explanation that it is a budding community.*shrugs*

Also, the text isn't brown, and I already know you don't like dark sites, heh. I do plan to reveal a spring/summer redesign in about a month that is brighter (to compete with the brighter viewing situation).

Chile
    Owner- Visual Cues.com
    G.M.- The-Group.org
    G.M.- Project404.org
    Last edited by Chile; Mar 24, 2002 at 13:48.