User Tag List

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just edit site content program

Dear everybody,

I like to code web pages, but I have recently run into a problem. It's extremely difficult to edit the site content (not the code) using a simple text-editor, particularly when your site spans over pages. I want to make it clear that I would rather spend as little money as possible.

I recently downloaded a program developed by the w3c called Amaya. I found out to my devistation that it altered the code in order to show it in it's validated form. Not really what I wanted. Also the files I am editing are php files, Amaya does not like saving as .php files (it removes all the php tags).

I'm wondering if anybody knows of a sort-of WYSIWIG editor, that only allows the editing of text content on the website, without altering DIVS, colours, alignments and so forth.

If anybody have any information it would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sega

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly, but it sounds to me you'd best served with a content management system.

Have a look into Wordpress, while it is strictly speaking a blogging software, it can also handle a simple website. If you want something more complex, you might want to look into Joomla and Drupal. The latter doesn't come with a WYSIWYG editor by default, but modules exist that add one to it (look into Drupal 5.x first as not all have been converted to Drupal 6.x yet).

All of them should be flexible enough to let you design your own template whatever way you like it, so you'd have to spend some time on learning their respective way of theming/templating.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think your right. Taking a took at what I am asking for a CMS system would be a loggical step. I think I am going to look at Joomla, I already have it installed, but I have to get learning it.

The site I am developing is currently static, I hope to make it dynamic in weeks to come. I need to get the content on the site as static first once so I can then progress into making it dynamic.

Is there a function you can put on Dreamweaver or Microsoft Expressions for web, where by you can only ammend the content of the website as oppose to the code. Just wondering, it would temporary solve my solution until I get learning Joomla.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dreamweaver has template system available but I haven't used it in years, so I don't know how it works with the more current versions.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant