SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't change a single thing I swear - and now all of a sudden it miraculously works - even more weird?

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Ok I understand that. But what I don't understand is why it would matter, because IE6 is the only one that will read that style sheet right - the only one that can even see it right?
    It will matter because if you have conflicts then those are resolved via the cascade.

The IE stylesheet should be undoing things that have already been set earlier.

If you have set top:100px in an earlier stylesheet and then for IE you say :top:200px it will of course matter whether the ie stylesheet comes first or second.

If you place IE first then the 200px is overwritten by the 100px in the later stylesheet just like any other conflicting rules of the same weight.

Also in those expressions I used the *html hack. I can safely do away with those right, now that only IE6 will read them? Thanks!
    If you are only supplying the code to IE6 (and under) then yes you can remove the star html as they are the only browsers the hack targets anyway.

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I didn't change a single thing I swear - and now all of a sudden it miraculously works - even more weird?
    Maybe the browser crashed or it was a cache problem which may have been cured when you restarted.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh the cache!! I bet that was it. How many times have you told someone to clear their cache - I bet a couple thousand right? LOL!