SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SitePoint Evangelist Scott.Botkins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually telos, I think the word "failure" is the scapegoat people bring upon themselves, not luck. When someone drives their company bankrupt, is it a "failure" or simply a mistake? Do you give up or try again? That's one of the problems I believe a lot of things don't get done is we judge things either left or right, it's either a "success" or "failure" where we should be judging and complimenting the hard work, progress, experience, satisfaction that somebody delivers to themselves and others. We all have our own definitions of these words, and I was most likely wrong in my post above to use the word "luck" when it comes to business. But I will tell you one thing, if I shot a basketball from one side to the other and make it without ever touching the basketball before, I'm calling it luck lol.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the ads should be seen as Marketing lies. If you see an ad of a shampoo/body wash showing a top celebrity saying you will get same hair/skin as hers just by using the shampoo/body wash. Do you believe the ad? Online get rich ads are same. They are trying to get attention.

Probably few people might make money, but these people will have put good amount of work, luck and may be other factors too (probably trying other things too, have some background and backing already). You are going to need most if not all of these, if you want extraordinary success in short period of time. Most of us will just have to take slow and patient path to moderate success.
    Last edited by abhig; Mar 24, 2008 at 15:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thing making money is possible from Internet, and solution like host Ads on blogs or sites, Google Adsense is a good example, also affiliate programs are recommended. But the only problems with those potential solutions are : contents and visitors. We must have a "huge" traffic to garantee clicks for example or to be accepted by an affiliate company.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can run a profitable website with 100 visits a day. Lets say you have a site optimized around a certain long tail keyword, it gets 100 searches per day and you're number 1 in google. For the sake of the argument lets say you capture all 100 of those searches. Those visitors are very targeted traffic so if you have a good sales pitch you can make 2-3 sales per day from 100 visitors. I think you're putting everything up on a pedestal... you need huge traffic and huge clicks to make money which really isn't true. It's about getting good targeted traffic and making a good offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making money isn't easy. It will be done, with your endeavor
    I'm Billing Manager Of USA International VPN Support URL on
    https://usa-vpn.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a general rule, these "incredible opportunities" are scams, and they should be avoided or at least treated with great scepticism. There are a handful of programs, financial success e-books, and "business-in-a-box" type products that actually do make money, but usually these only earn for a while, and the late-comers end up wasting their money on a tapped market.

There are many ways to earn on the Internet, but "fast money" usually requires incredible luck or incredible ingenuity.
    Scriptalicious SEO Scripts
    Save 20% with coupon code SPROCKS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ro0bear View Post
    Michael Dell started out at 19 in his dorm at university with just a few thousand dollars, now, 15 years later he is running Dell which is worth $60,000,000,000.
    <SNIP>
    I live near Austin and actually worked with a guy that sold Michael Dell his first computer parts. He said that MD drove up in his little red Porsche convertible and loaded up the parts he bought to take back to his dorm room to assemble. He was selling those computers to other students at Univ. of Texas. He was a privileged kid in college that saw an opportunity and took it.
    MrBaseball34
    Hook'Em Horns!

SitePoint Enthusiast jawzishere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is true, there are an incredible amount of ways to make money from the internet. Far more opportunity than before the internet was around. However, just as in the real world everything does take time and effort to make money and this still applies on the internet.

One way of making money on the net is by selling other people stuff that tells them how to make $3000 a month doing very little work. Most stuff like that is not legit at all, stay away from it.
    Looking To Buy A Website And Flip It For Cash?
    Trying To Sell A Website For Some Quick Money?
    Check Out BuyEstablishedWebsites.com To
    Buy and Sell Websites. Plus A Forum
    For Discussion.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true that $3000/month with no work is probably a scam, but consumers are stupid. They're not going to buy a product called "Learn how to build a business onine that can grow to $3k/month in 6 months". Alas, my inbox will continue to receive these offers because as much as they are a scam they do sell. Shameful.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is definitely possible to make all those amounts with little work online. You just have to know the tricks and have a very open mind and great ideas. You will not be able to do it starting you average business or website...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I think you need to be patient. This is very important. Without it, it is very difficult to make money.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When somebody try to sell you something that would make you money, you are most probably going to buy an overpriced product with a promise.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely BS. I'm sure there is a 0.1px font that say "We do not gurantee the earnings..." But, I do believe there's a huge $$$$$$$$$ in internet business. Is it the technology that earns the money? No! it's really just a brilliant idea. Go look at youtube. It's just a site that uploads/downloads video. Go look at digg.com. It's just bunch of articles posted by member and rate it. Still, good question to ask..as for those ad's..they are all frauds. If they have such a lucritive idea..then why share it?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MrBaseball34 View Post
    I live near Austin and actually worked with a guy that sold Michael Dell his first computer parts. He said that MD drove up in his little red Porsche convertible and loaded up the parts he bought to take back to his dorm room to assemble. He was selling those computers to other students at Univ. of Texas. He was a privileged kid in college that saw an opportunity and took it.
    Really? I heard different. Well there are many examples of rags to riches, even if MD isn't one.

ro0bear

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ro0bear... I mean both. This is the reason that I had to close a forum down that I created on one of my websites. I couldn't keep up with the s(p)(c)ams that people kept posting. smart_moneyz... you ruin forums for everybody when you post garbage like that. Not that you care, but as the internet turns more social you'll be screwed and I'll be laughing.

dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    when you have members who report them and admin who move them and ban their @sses, things go smoothly!
    Thanks for reporting it guys, keping SPF s(p|c)am free for the rest of us
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it's spam, but it's interesting to dissect
    - To make money, this "business" relies only on more people signing up to make money. It's a pyramid scheme. That 22 bucks a year is the profit for everyone above you in the pyramid.
    - The products that they have "available" are merely a front to the pyramid
    - The "if you are from Nigeria click here" link made me chuckle.

I guess some people still fall for these scams, eh smart_moneyz?

dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    he cant answer you Jim
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about advertising. Far away from reality.
    You can earn money if you get the right source, time, hard work and little bit luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a lot of adds from google on how to make money instantly online. I say some are just a scam but there are some that will really makes you earn online but not the big like what they advertise. Atleast you still can earn money online

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Earning money online can be done, but you have to put time effort and some thought behind it. Nobody is going to give you money, or make a career path easier if they don't have something to earn from it.

SitePoint Zealot seoindiacompany's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Rich Quick schemes does not exists in Internet.. so if you really want to make some money by internet upgrade your skills and work hard.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt many of the people who have joined and worked hard on those "get rich quick" sites have saw much return. I used to be quite into them, though soon I realised the amount of time/power I was wasting on them was not worth my time. The best way to "get rich quick" is to run a "get rich quick" website.
    My Blog/Site: Full On Design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get it in your head, get the right product, sit at your computer, work to promote your idea and be positive.
    If I can make money online, then anyone can!

My review of the system I use to make $$$ per month online!