SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earning money from internet is avaible. All of sitepoint members are getting money from internet business but personally i don't belive that everyone can do the same job. Someone can gain lots of money but they are rare. They are "succcess story"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI I will just flat out give what makes me $$ .

FOCUS

F - Find a project
    O - Occupy yourself with nothing else until the project is complete
    C - Concentrate on the tasks that make up this single project
    U - Understand that nothing is more important than this project
    S - Succeed

Now stop being lazy and work smart, hit the gym once in a while and mingle with friends to have a positive attitude.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making money on the internet requires either a lot of time, or a lot of money initailly. It takes a lot longer to earn a substantial amount of money on the interneet if you start off with nothing. But of course, with a little hard work it's possible.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think every kind of business needs a lot of time and work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post

FOCUS

F - Find a project
    S - Succeed

Now stop being lazy and work smart, hit the gym once in a while and mingle with friends to have a positive attitude.
    Well said.

SitePoint Evangelist ramone_johnny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOCUS

F - Find a project
    S - Succeed

This is a steam train approach - and while I agree, you must be mindful to ensure balance in your life.

RJ

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOCUS

F - Find a project
    S - Succeed
    I generally agree, but I'll trump you with the cardinal rule of the Internet: Content is king.

I was actually doing fairly good financially years ago, before I began studying web design. I was cranking out garishly amateurish websites with Microsoft's infamous FrontPage program. But I'm chiefly a writer, and I produced lots of content (at least some of it pretty good) .

Unfortunately, my websites were more or less shot down from a couple different directions, after which I decided to study web design. I upgraded to Dreamweaver and began studying CSS, PHP, MySQL, etc. But it's all so overwhelming, I've scarcely had time to write.

I've now made an even bigger upgrade, abandoning my PC for a Mac, and things are really coming together. But whether I can really make up for all that lost time and beat the competition remains to be seen.

And before anyone trumps me, yes, I know content isn't really king. The people who become gazillionaires generally have products or services to sell and/or they have lots of money or connections to begin with.

But, for us normal people, content remains king.

P.S. I second all the comments about hard work, though my original project - which earned a significant amount of money - was largely a part-time hobby.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no algorithm out there that will make you money, the only way to make money is through time, effort, and knowledge. Especially knowledge, if you are good at what you do you can make money by talking about yourself
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Affiliate Marketer Guides~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Friend Blaster Pro~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Easy Online Money Making~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Social Bookmarking Services~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything promising an easy strategy to make & or $1000 a day is surely a scam. There is no easy way around it, there's work involved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Michael Dell started out at 19 in his dorm at university with just a few thousand dollars, now, 15 years later he is running Dell which is worth $60,000,000,000.

There are many many different ways to make money, but you always have to put a certain amount of work into it, and take a certain amount of risk.

I know an accountant who made something (i cant say what) in his shed. A little black box, it cost him time and less than 100 to make, but it can save a certain company over 10,000,000 yearly. He is hoping to sell it to them for around 5,000,000. That just goes to show, that there are no stict rules on how to make money, but if somone says something like "im rich and happy, and it was easy" followed by "you can be rich like me, its so easy" followed by "fill in this form and I will make you rich".... be very wary. If your going to make money, its going to be off your own back, people dont go round looking for people to make rich.

ro0bear

SitePoint Evangelist Scott.Botkins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work hard, there is millions if not billions to be made from the internet. It's going to play a key role in our lives for many years to come.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Jimmy Carr:

Get rich quick

Simply set up a premium rate phone line.

To find out how just call 0900 738 273

ro0bear

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i get sick of all these stupid schemes about 3000/week with 4 hours.... yes it is possible, but the work required to get the that point is considerable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general, as long as you are working for someone, you are never really going to get ahead financially. The owner of the company is the one profiting.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    In general, as long as you are working for someone, you are never really going to get ahead financially. The owner of the company is the one profiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by molona View Post
    Take it seriously, work hard, inform yourself properly, promote... if you don't give up, you will succeed
    Yep ! - That's it - For now

Quote Originally Posted by shockbotkins View Post
    Work hard, there is millions if not billions to be made from the internet. It's going to play a key role in our lives for many years to come.
    I do not 100% agree

I do believe it's going to be more and more difficult to make money as an independant as users are less and less newbies, as advertising is going to be more and more expensive and as big players will play more and more a key role, leaving (maybe) some niches to small players

SitePoint Evangelist ramone_johnny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastbutnotleast View Post
    I do believe it's going to be more and more difficult to make money as an independant as users are less and less newbies, as advertising is going to be more and more expensive and as big players will play more and more a key role, leaving (maybe) some niches to small players
    You just contradicted yourself.

RJ

SitePoint Addict silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of us get annoyed with these so-called "get rich quick" schemes, e-books, and related sites. So, why do Sitepoint permit them to be sold as "premium" sites in their marketplace section?

I've posed this question in the following thread:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539335

I'm keen to hear what others think... Some of you may be interested!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting to $5k a month and above wasn't easy. It's doable though, and I don't work full time at it (almost full time though - I'd say about 30 hours a week, flexible hours).

I do think that anyone with a good knowledge of English and good writing skills can at least make a decent living working online from home. It's a great opportunity, yet so few seem to go ahead with it.
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

SitePoint Evangelist Scott.Botkins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastbutnotleast View Post
    Yep ! - That's it - For now

I do not 100% agree

Yea but that's not going to stop him or her from making money though. We all share/run the internet which is one of the best things about it so your customers/clients have options on who or where they want to go. Making $5k a week isn't going to be easy, it's going to take a lot of hard work and may take many years especially if you're just jumping into the online business.

I myself work independant running http://www.invisionblue.com and I do pretty good financially wise, but I've also been running websites since 1998. It all boils down to hard work, experience, a little luck and good relationships with your customers/clients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Subscriptions + Hard Work = Profit

In my opinion, the most lucrative money maker on the Internet is subscription based services or products.

Think about how many millions of people use the Internet on a daily basis. Some studies suggest the Internet is becoming more popular than TV. Now think about 1000 people - that doesn't sound like very many people compared to the millions using the internet. Why? Because it's not.

Now, think about 1000 x $30 a month. All you need to do, is create a subscription-based website that appeals to a very, very small percentage of the Internet population. There is a very "long tail" of people out there who are part of very targeted niches. Find a niche, provide a service, and there you go.

My partners and I spent about 8 months developing a subscription based site in our spare time. Now, we have over 1000 people all paying $35 a month (plus additional add-ons). And the best part? We work maybe 10-30 hours a week.

Bottom line, it takes hard work and knowledge. If you don't have knowledge, add more hard work. In the end, however, it can be VERY profitable.

By the way, luck has absolutely nothing to do with anything. "Luck" is a scapegoat which lazy people blame their failures on.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    telos... i couldn't agree more with you about your definition of luck. As far as subscription based websites go- you're absolutely right. I'm actually building one at the moment as well. Subscription based websites are what I call a true "snowball". You get last months sales minus 5%(unsubscribe rate) plus this months sales plus next months sales in an ever increasing snowball of sales. I think you should change the subject of your post to:

Subscriptions + Hard Work = Ever Increasing Profit

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are plenty of opportunities to make money on the internet however, it takes hard work, knowledge, and dedication before you can be successful.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it's possible

Yes it's definitely possible to make a lot of money on the Internet. Compare it to starting a new cafe. There is a lot of work that goes into starting a new cafe and then there is a lot of ongoing work to manage it.

An Internet business is generally easier to start and run, and has more residual income. However a lot of people approach it as if they can just put 20 hours in and suddenly make a lot of money. Not likely. But if you put the same effort in as you would in starting a retail business like a cafe, I'm sure you can be successful and with better residual income, and less effort after you have got it started (but maybe the same effort in the beginning).

The best thing is though that you can still be earning good money whilst traveling or taking a break for a month ... but you can't do that with a cafe or a normal business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

The interesting thing is, I know several people (some of my business partners even) who have done the "get rich quick" business and actually make money.

One acquaintance made $10k in their first profitable week. Of course, it took investment (about $5k), and again, hard work for 2 months before it paid off. You may think "well, if I don't get paid for those 2 months of work, and I don't have a guarantee, than it is too risky". If that is you, get used to working a job, since you'll never make it as a business owner of any kind.

Little Risk = Little Return
    Big Risk may = Big Return

But you have to ask yourself some questions:
    First, what is my risk tolerance?
    Second, how long am I willing to wait?
    Third, how hard am I willing to work?

One of the problems with our society, is "instant gratification". In other words, we want it now. In many cases, getting it now means pay more for it later. (for example, interest paid on it, or the price dropping in 2 months, etc.)

For people who want it all now, get a job - you are guaranteed wages. For people who are willing to wait, are willing to invest time and/or money, and are willing to take chances, there is a lot of money to be made.

There is a difference between a traditional get-rick-quick and a legitimate home-business opportunity. A get rick quick scheme usually works by selling the opportunity to sell the opportunity. A legit bizopp will have a product, service, or other value-added item with it. However, legit bizopps can make you rich, sometimes even quick, but not without investment and risk.

It is no different than an affiliate or reseller program (though usually more lucrative).

Also, when throwing out the term "pyramid", consider that Corporations are the best entities in the world when it comes to utilizing a pyramid business structure.

Anyway, just something to think about.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Succeeding in any business is usually never easy/simple. It requires good idea(s), sound business plan, hard work, little luck and more. Internet offers many ways to make good money, but it's never as easy as the ads you see online promise.