SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to design this ?

Hi all I hope im in the right section as this crosses over two subjects really.

I have been studying for around 6 months different area's on php, mysql and so forth. I have been going over alot of sitepoint books too in which I have bought which are great!.

So far I have gone over some tutorials on making articles and splitting them up into categories in the database which is great but now im stumped!

Im now going to start to design our uk event site which is all xhtml strict and valid css and pretty much want to keep the folder structure. I know I can make this all dynamic with mod_rewrite which I have also looked into and bought the book.

Instead of articles I need to do the whole site which has about us, terms & conditions, meet the team, refund policy, privacy policy and the list goes on. We then also have events and seperate events / course listings too.

I don't really want to use only one index file to power them all but thinking about having team.php and about.php and so forth... Is this advisable??

The biggest problem which is why im here is the database tables! What would be the best way to design them in this case? all in one under TABLE pages or a seperate table for each area such as TABLE terms, TABLE about and so forth.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as im getting very confused to say the least.. What is the best way in your opinion??

Kind regards

Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't database most of the content. The team members could be stored in a team table, events in events, etc. There's not really much reason to database your terms, refund policy, etc. Just use PHP to template things and make separate files.