SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titles And Search Engines

I am NOT talking about the title of the webpage. Rather I am talking about the tiotle that you can place into a link. eg

<a href="mylink.php" title="my title">My title</a>

If you only have a short descriptor for the webpage can you use this to pack it with keywords. Will that have much impact on search engine hits.

I have just had a big increase in search engine traffic. But I am not sure if its connected to having lots of new links. My PR rating has not had time to increase. Its still only 2. Yet search engine traffic seems to have gone up 3 fold.

I have been cramming ordinary links with key words as well but does this title thing make a difference.

I know you can fill it up with loads of key words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you can fill it up with loads of key words.
    Good that you know that, but do you know also that this could be considered keyword stuffing and thus may earn you being penalised by the search engines?

Think user first, second and third. If it doesn't help your users, don't do it.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

SitePoint Enthusiast Mongoose.wa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be fine as long as you load the titles with a reasonable number of relevant keywords. If you're linking to a design blog, you're title could look like title="John Doe's blog: a great resource for for modern, smart web designers," as opposed to "title="john doe blog web design webdesign modern standards xhtml css php ..."