SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile How much to charge for advertising space on blog? Need a quick response please

Hi everyone

I have just launched a new blog and have been merrily signing up to affiliate programmes. One of the biggish companies that I have been in touch with doesn't want me to sign up as an affiliate as they demand exclusivity, but they have asked how much I charge for advertising space.

Given that I only have 2 posts so far, I am a little bit shocked and unprepared, but very pleasantly surprised. The problem is that I have no idea what to charge. Any ideas?

WC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 2 ways.

per click (CPC) or per view (CPM)

Or per day... thats 3... i know..

I would charge a dollar a day or so.

See if that flys.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mkoenig, the CPC or CPM aren't really relevant as I have literally just launched my blog today (hence the lack of preparedness).

I'm trying to get a feel for how people charge and what would be reasonable. Is there anywhere online that talks about advertising rates for blogs? The company that got in touch with me is quite large so they do have a bit of $$, but I don't want to turn them away by asking too much. Maybe I should just be grateful for anything!

WC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out adbrite.com and look at the publisher areas, for similar blogs just starting out. See what they are charging daily.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic, I will go an have a look now!