SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy !!Help PHP Application Portal

Please dear friends iam a desparete new beginer in programing i am just from Nigeria for some times now i have been searching to see if i can get a source code to help me develop a web site for my school
    Here goes
    first i want you to check out this web site
    WEAC this web site worked with a data base inthe sensethat
    before any candidate can check his result,to know score (result) he has to get a scratched card which has pin and serial number.
    the card valid for five times cheecking only

Again you cant use the card for another candidtate

please friends i think this place is the final bustop for me to get such code and help. i will be ver grateful
    here is the Tips on what i mean..

There will be a page for inputing candadates results (for school teachers only)
    There will be another page for editing students/candidates results(admins only)
    There will be a page for deleting students results(webmasters only0
    there will be a page for generating pins and serial number (webmasters only)
    The there will be a defult page for students/candidates to check their results
    with their examination Number, year of exam,Pin and serial number

Please i need help
    thank you
    Last edited by stymiee; Mar 25, 2008 at 22:40. Reason: please leave all solicitations in the marketplace

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

That's a pretty basic but fairly involved application you're working to develop there. Are there any areas in specific where you are having problems? That would make it a lot easier to help you out, versus just explaining generally how an application like that could be made.

Hope to help,

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by graedus_dave View Post
    Hi,

That's a pretty basic but fairly involved application you're working to develop there. Are there any areas in specific where you are having problems? That would make it a lot easier to help you out, versus just explaining generally how an application like that could be made.

Hope to help,

Dave
    Yes here is my look up
    http://www.waecdirect.org/
    i really need tips and help, iam developing a school web site for my school with those above specifications it will be using PHP and MSQL so idont know howto get started.
    thank you
    Last edited by georgen2u; Mar 26, 2008 at 04:12. Reason: not correct

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Have you done any sort of programming before? If so, I would recommend A Programmer's Introduction to PHP 4.0 by W. Jason Gilmore: http://www.amazon.com/Programmers-In...6560687&sr=8-7. This book doesn't touch the level of anything that has changed in PHP 5, so it will be a fine reference and learning tool for you even though it is a bit outdated. It is the book that got me started in PHP.

If you have not done any sort of programming before, I would recommend Beginning PHP and MySQL 5, by the same author: http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-PHP-...6560687&sr=8-1

I have not read this book, but based on the book by this author that I have read, I'm sure it will be very useful for you.

Best of luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much dave it was nice hearing from you, meanwhile i am just a begginer and a student, i have interest in programming, i knew a little bit of php for instance, i have done the basic configurations like using php to store data and quering with php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

here is waht i meant with the PHP Insertion of Datas
    state

PHP Code:
    $query "INSERT INTO contacts VALUES ('','John','Smith','01234 567890','00112 334455','01234 567891','English','Maths')"
    for the inserting but then qurying Information from the data base

i want it to be in such a way that before the datas are being displayed the user must type his exam number, the Pin code (which i streesed on earlier)
    then Submite before his details will be displayed for her/him