User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help needed: Input dependend selection of the right script

Hi Folks,

I just started to get into coding again (and it has been a while). But I love the new stuff. So here is my beginners question:

I have 2 forms that should get triggered by one form handler. One is a secure form the other in not using SSL.

Dependending on the users entries in the form, I woul like to either execute the one or the other form out of the formhandler.

Thanks for your help.

Klaus

PS: Here is another one: Can I execute a php script without using a browser? (I would like to write a cron job that executes that script every 15 minutes). Gracias.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your PS: yes, definitely. As long as you supply the correct paths to PHP and the file (or if the server is configured so PHP handles .php files).

I've not had any experience with SSL, but certainly you can print out different HTML based on the values of variables that come from the user's form submission.
    Paul Davey
    webmaster for Whitford Church of Christ

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your answer. I am still not clear how to execute on the main issue. Here are a few more details:

formProcessor.php executes the handling of a certain form A

Dependent of the content submitted in from A, I would like to either show the user a new form B or a new form C (SSL encrypted).

The SSL part means, that I probably have to pull up two new forms formB.php and formC.php, one of them running in secure (SSL) mode.

Now, when the user submits form A, how can I direct the system to use either formB.php or formC.php?

<FORM action=./formProcessor.php method=post> will always initiate the same file. ???

Can anybody help? Thanks!