Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Question About Escrow.Com

Hello,

i will be selling a domain name thru Escrow.Com ,
    its the first time i use this site, and im little bit confused
    i understand that the buyer send the money to Escrow and then the seller transfer the domain,

my question is
    what if the buyer received the domain but he act like he did not receive ?
    or he transfered it to another owner or changed the owner info.?

what Escrow will do in this case, i searched their site for an answer but the only thing i found that they verify the domain transfer with WHOIS, is this reliable ? Secure ?

Thanks

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The buyer pays escrow.com before you transfer the domain. When you both agree that the transfer has occurred, the payment is released to you. If he claims you didn't transfer it when you did, it'll be easy for escrow.com to see that the transfer took place from the WHOIS data, and give you the payment that they're already holding.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    The buyer pays escrow.com before you transfer the domain. When you both agree that the transfer has occurred, the payment is released to you. If he claims you didn't transfer it when you did, it'll be easy for escrow.com to see that the transfer took place from the WHOIS data, and give you the payment that they're already holding.
    What about WHOIS privacy ? You can't know who owns the domain then.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webmastermemento View Post
    What about WHOIS privacy ? You can't know who owns the domain then.
    You still see changes in nameservers and a changed last update date. The seller also has their records and the registrar on their side. Unless you give up on your case, you're definitely not going to lose a domain you sell through escrow.com without being paid. You don't have to go to court and try to force the registrar to return the domain or anything, you just have to convince escrow.com in arbitration that you made the transfer, and they release the payment to you since the buyer paid it up front.