User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question sIFR & swfobject help

Hi everyone,

I have two questions about sIFR and one about swfobject.

#1 sIFR anchor titles do not display
    Code:
    <h2 class="bliss_heavy" style="width:101px;"><a href="mailto:info@website.com" title="email: info@website.com">email us</a></h2>
    I have made the h2 into sIFR and I need the title of the link to be displayed when the user hovers over the link. Is this possible with sIFR?

#2 sIFR does not work in Opera
    I have no idea why sIFR doesn't work in Opera. Please can someone tell me a fix?

#3 swfobject not working on a Mac FF browser.
    My site is also using swfobject and it works in all browsers apart from a Mac FireFox. It works on a PC FireFox..

This is the generic code used:
    Code:
    <div id="tvfade1">
      <script type="text/javascript" src="../inc/swfobject.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
       var so = new SWFObject("inc/tv.swf", "TV", "239", "186", "9", "#FFFFFF");
       so.write("tvfade1");
    </script>
        </div>
    I have no clue why the flash wont work in Mac FF. When you view the swfobject on a Mac FF browser it is just a white box. Please can someone tell me a solution?
    Last edited by shtoom; Mar 15, 2008 at 08:39.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one way to solve #1 would be to use JavaScript I guess..

I still want help and opinions..

anyone out there?

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Probably a limitation with sIFR. You could always just give the H2 the title attribute (unless that's what sIFR is replacing).
    2. Google is great. Learn to use it and love it.
    3. Ibid.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. - I have made the H2 sIFR and into a link.

2. - I did use google before asking about all these questions. So to conclude there is no fix for getting sIFR to work in Opera..

3. - that link you have provided doesn't seem to help. What is Ibid? If you are refering me to the FAQ #3 then that has no relevance.

Guru in training bronze trophy SoulScratch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not ask questions about sIFR in the sIFR forum? Not to mention you haven't pasted any code - so I don't know what version of sIFR you're using, how you're embedding it, et cetera.

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shtoom
    I have made the H2 sIFR and into a link.
    Despite this rather broken English I think I understand what you mean. Yes, you will likely need to use separate JavaScript. I'm sure you could give the OBJECT element that is the result of sIFR's replacement of the H2 the same title attribute. The best way to do this is probably to directly edit the sIFR code yourself.

Ibid means "as before". That link I provided in 3. mentions a white box and problems with FF Mac. Since all the information you provided was basically "I have problems with FF Mac and all I see is a white box", then that link would seem helpful considering the circumstances. Posting "generic code" is fairly pointless. As SoulScratch has mentioned, you should either post this question in the sIFR forum or try again here. In either case, you need to provide more detailed information if someone is going to make the effort to help you.