SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

popup / iframe slides under box in FF?

If you have a look here -> http://www.idmk.nl/kaal.html, and click on one of the links on the left side, you will see the problem in FF.

The pop-up slides underneath the box. Removing the overflow:auto on the .cursuskalender fixes the issue, but I do need the overflow:auto on that div. So removing it isn't an option, but how else to fix it? I try'd giving to pop-up box a z-index of 9999, but that didn't fix the issue either.

This way its coded wasn't my idea, but I do have to fix it now...

Any idea how to get this to work properly in Firefox?
    Travel Photos on Flickr - Twitter

“Never give up. Never surrender”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    had a little look, and I'm probably as clueless as you are but here are my thoughts.

Look at the CSS for the panel on the far right. There is no problem with this one: it stays behind your popup, right? OK, it consists of 3 divs within a div. Well, I'd look at what you did *right* here.

All I notice so far is:
    1. I can't find the css for the containing div - is it there? If not, could the problem be with the containing div for the left panel?
    2. The little divs all don't have a z-index (yes I do know the default is 1), but the css for the problem div *does* have this listed.
    3. The left (problem) panel is using an image. Havn't done any CSS in a while, but are you sure that the method you have used really places the image as *background*? Could your image be floating on top of the box?

I'd try working with the css that does work, maybe on a new test page, until the problem was isolated.
    My other suggestion is that 'float' does some pretty strange things.

Honestly, though, my initial reaction was that you should look at a different approach: move the popup somewhere else, or have it *replace* the menus on the right, not just cover them?

Sorry not to be more help. Chocolate teapots spring to mind ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving the pop-up to another location was my first idea as well. But I have the feeling the client would like to have to pop-up in the middle of the screen, instead of to the far left.

There must be another way of fixed this, then to just relocated the pop-up.
    Travel Photos on Flickr - Twitter

“Never give up. Never surrender”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't like to give up until I *know* it can't be done. Havn't got any more help, but suggest looking for code examples that do work as reference, and also trying to isolate the problem area in your own code. There must be a critical difference between those two panels!
    Good luck with it.

PS as a quick fix, you could move the panels over more to the right! ;-)

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)