SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Power of Mindshare

I wrote this on my site, but I'd like to share it here, since I believe that a lot of people could benefit from it.

The Power of Mindshare
    Christopher M. Knight once said these very important words:

You must have mindshare before you can have marketshare.

Consider the truth in that statement for a moment. Your users make up your market so it follows that without them you have no market. Don’t market TO them, rather communicate WITH them. Identify and understand your target audience’s needs then create solutions that deliver satisfaction to them, based around their needs, not yours.

This is not a new idea, and I am sure that you have heard the same general advice from any marketing site you may visit - but not everyone understands why it is important. The answer: it builds mindshare. And mindshare equals marketshare. And marketshare equals profit.

Your challenge: connect with your users - become not ’some guy’ who is trying to sell them something but rather a unique individual who is offering them a product or service that fits their unique needs and with whom they can relate to.
    Nick . all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
    Show someone you care, send them a virtual flower.
    Good deals on men's watches

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something to think about. I agree with you. I would rather conduct business with a company who communicates WITH me than to a company who would push their product on my face everytime I deal with 'em.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I reply my customers emails, I will notice what they want to do with my business. If they like my works, I will give them those opportunities with me. If they don't want, I would not recommend other products to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, it is actually a matter of how good you are in convincing your customers/visitors, that your product is the best suited for him and nothing else on earth.