SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict michaelwheaton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! VBScript Compilation Error...

A couple pages on my site, including the all important index page, are currently down and showing the following error:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

Expected statement

/index.asp, line 194

end if
    ^

But that is on line 194, so I don't know what it's talking about. Same with the other couple of pages, it says that it's expecting the "end if" statement on those lines and it is there.

Why would it be doing this? Almost everytime I update the site I get these errors, and I have to figure out why this is happening because I certainly can't have the site going down all the time.

I really have to learn some ASP . . .

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to tell without you posting some code.

I have seen this happen when you have too many or not enough closing end if statements.

what are you using to code the site? Visual Studio, Dreamweaver or another WYSIWYG editor? other than that it shouldn't happen when you hand code it.

HTH

\m/ R.I.P. Dimebag! \m/ JimBolla's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post some more of the code. it could be any number of things. most likely its whatever you are doing right before that line. either another block of code is not being properly ended or maybe that end if is unnecessary.

SitePoint Addict michaelwheaton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just removed those "end ifs" and now everything is working fine. I just added them in because it said it was expecting them, and now I had to remove them to get rid of the same error. Whatever I do it wants the opposite!