User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotels database management

Hello,
    I am making a website focussing on the hotels of a city. I want to make such kind of interface where user puts in or selects from the following preferences

Nights to stay
    No of people
    Hotel location
    Hotel budget

and on the basis of these preferences he gets a reply from the database which should be made in my web space.
    Is it possible in php and mysql stuff? I am totally new to this so I am not sure how to do this but I have heard there are some scripts available for such kind of application.

Is there any expert among you who can help me in this case?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Yes you can build any application using open source code (PHP and MySQL database). There are some pre-packaged e-commerce solutions on the web however, if you are looking for complete and total customization I would recommended that it be built from scratch. That will give you the most flexibility. If you can provide more specifications then I would be more than happy to guide you.

Regards
    Mitesh

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes ofcourse it is better if i make it by myself as I would be able to modify it accordingly, but I am totally new to this stuff. I have knowledge of html. frontpage, and flash (somewhat) but i m totally new to this one..

How can you help me in this case . let me know

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually in my city there are some famous places e.g. port where millions of outsiders visit each year. From overture I have come to know that on google most of the people are searching for hotels over here as well. So ofcourse, it is a good idea to focus on the hotels as well.
    I simply want to build a directory of hotels where I give all the info about the hotels over here but not for the reservation e.g. if a user finds one hotel from my web and is interested in reserving a room in it then he must simply click on the link of the official reservation page of that hotel. I just want to give the link of that reservation page. In this way i want to build a database.

But the problem is there are more than 1500 hotels over here and there it is better if i provide such kind of interface where user filters many things while searching for example low price hotels, <50 euro <100 euro or hotel ranks e.g. two star hotel , three star hotel or hotel location e.g. downtown etc. On the basis of such preferences the results should be generated for him.
    I dont think its a good idea to provide reservation stuff as well as it will require me to update it properly. you can take a look at hamburg-tourism.de/en there on right side you can see the section "search and select" here you can see they are providing such thing but i think they are providing reservation stuff as well about which i m not sure.
    I htink you have a good knowledge so you can understand that in a better way so it is good if you take a look at it. I want such kind of stuff.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have a look at the joomla extension for real estate listings - you might be able to use this for what you are wanting to do.

Konrad