User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraArm View Post
    Betting and guessing is for newbs. Besides, Google's filtering mechanism improving has absolutely nada to do with using similarity % to filter out duplicate content.
    That's why we don't bet here. That's also why this is the best place to discuss SEO.

And I'd like to hear you explain what you mean by "Google's filtering mechanism improving has absolutely nada to do with using similarity % to filter out duplicate content".

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to hear you explain what you mean by "Google's filtering mechanism improving has absolutely nada to do with using similarity % to filter out duplicate content".
    The topic of this thread, stymiee, is "% of duplicate content to save your site"?

My answer was that there is no magic % number. Just reading a few patents on duplicate content will tell you duplicate content algorithms are often insanely complex.

Here's something worth bookmarking, a thread that includes a mile-long comment by Googler Adam Lasnik, which was posted on WMW as response to questions regarding his duplicate content post on webmaster central blog:

http://groups.google.com/group/Googl...99040518f8e469

re: wanting specific percentages (re: duplicate content, boilerplate
    stuff, etc.)
    There aren't any. Again, too many variables.
    Stuntdbl's post on duplicate content is also worth a read, though there you're just getting a very informed opinion, not fact.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you're saying it is complex? Well, no duh!