SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adsense don't make sense!

I run a TV blog and up until now the Google adsense ads have always been appropriate -- all TV shows ads. Now suddenly it's ads for software, and other odd products. What gives? Why is my blog suddenly getting inappropriate ads? Am I alone in this?

DOn't know if it's related but my PR dropped away to nothing this week too. Very frustrating!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks as if google are making some updates i've noticed a few changes in PR and links not being counted. Not heard of adsense changing but I guess its an impact of all the changes that are going on.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthiab View Post
    I run a TV blog and up until now the Google adsense ads have always been appropriate -- all TV shows ads. Now suddenly it's ads for software, and other odd products. What gives? Why is my blog suddenly getting inappropriate ads? Am I alone in this?

DOn't know if it's related but my PR dropped away to nothing this week too. Very frustrating!
    don't worry you're not alone.. I have seen lots of blog with inappropriate ads..
    and I think CaffinePhil is right..

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also possible your site has received targeted ads from a specific advertiser who feels the audience is a match. Google has been working to provide more and more tools to let users do this type of site-by-site advertising resulting in changes to the mix.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah sometimes that happens. I think google sometimes runs other ads to see if they are more effective. I notice a lot of ads for things like LED lights. Pretty generic and a lot of people would be interested in them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I tried Google adSense for advertising my website, but I was not very happy with the results I got.

I also tried email advertising on different networks and it seemed to me that taketheinternetback.com ads delivered quite good results in terms of generated visits and conversion.