User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Mailing-List script?

Hi,

I am starting a business newsletter and I need a mailing-list script. Any recommendations?

It will have between 200 and 900 members, and I plan to send nicely designed HTML emails. So reliability and flexibility are my 2 major criterias.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there - you'll find a thorough list of email newsletter resources at http://mashable.com/2007/08/10/email-newsletters/

My personal thoughts - if you want something free to run on your own server, phplist or dadamail should work well. If you don't mind paying for a service...aweber, constant contact, icontact, campaign monitor, mailchimp all are reputable services, but they each have their own pros and cons so you need to check 'em out and see which one will meet your needs.

Steve

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is exactly my problem, I don't have time to test and compare. There are a lot of scripts out there and it is hard to pick.

I wish there was a review with a table showing the pros/cons of each script. It would make things so much easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you would be willing to pay a little then I would suggest www.ezinedirector.com - an excellent service for not so much money.

Konrad