SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot PenGwnFistOfFury's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Font family's across platforms

Which font families do you find you use more across both platforms of PC and Mac related browsers. I want to know which font sizes are more consistent and legible in all browsers. I used to use verdana all the time on pc now that I have a mac I seem to think that verdana at small sizes are hard to read. Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Veranda, Helvetica and Georgia

I typically like using 14px sized fonts since more people are using high resolutions to view pages now. Works well with 1024x768+ resolutions.
    intragenesis, llc professional web & graphic design

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I go with EMs for my font sizes and set the size to 85% of whatever the user's default is with a matching leading (line-height in CSS parlance) of 1.5

With regard to what fonts I use, I use Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, and Helvetica followed by the default (sans-serif) for sans-serif fonts, and Georgia, Garamond, Times New Roman, and Times followed by the default (serif) for serif fonts.

Of course I'm not afraid to mix and match when the situaiton warrants it. Just make sure that you have the backup fonts that are available on Windows, Mac OS and Linux available and that they look decent with both normal (75/96 .dpi) and large (100/120 .dpi) screen resolutions at various settings like 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960 and 1600x1200 - and widescreen as well.