SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debugging problem with ZendSudio 5.5.1

I am using ZendStudio 5.5.1 and following the instructions I installed ZendStudio, copied ZendDebugger.dll to the php extension folder, modified php.ini file (ZendDebugger is showing with phpinfo()) and copied dummy.php to the webserver root (C://wamp/www/dummy.php).

When I click debug or profile from Firefox using toolbar option results are properly populated in ZendStudio window. Also when I use the option Debug URL or Profile URL within ZendStudio results are being populated as expected.

But when I open the document index.php (wordpress) and hit debug (F5 or F10) the output window shows that the mysql extension is not loaded (thats the wordpress message when it is unable to load included database file). I think the problem is that ZendStudio is unable to map included files. When I hit check included files under project menu, it is showing that there a bunch of included files missing, but all files are present. How to make ZendStudio properly map the included files?

If it helps following is my development environment:
    Wamp installed at C://wamp and the server document root is located at C://wamp/www and I selected the Debug mode in ZendStudio as Server and added http://localhost as Debug server URL. I beleive when I use debug mode as server, all the pages will be run using Apache and PHP that were part of WAMP not the PHP that comes with ZendStudio inbuilt, am I right?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you do a direct debug in Zend Studio it just runs a local copy of PHP (not the system one) to parse & debug the PHP script - this is your problem.

Ideally you shouldn't be debugging websites using this method because you completely loose the benifit of comprehensable feedback (e.g. what you see in the web browser) and you can't browse complex multi-step processes easily.

To debug/profile Wordpress, just use Debug/Profile URL from ZendStudio or using the browser toolbar like you did with dummy.php. Preferably you should have a project setup for your Wordpress instance.