SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PR is still important but does not carry the weight it used to. Though, the PR updates have appear to become more frequently these days.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with dinkoonks..

Got lot of things to learn here...

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    PR is still important but does not carry the weight it used to. Though, the PR updates have appear to become more frequently these days.
    PR updates happen internally daily. The toolbar only updates every three months or so and has been that way for years now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    PR updates happen internally daily. The toolbar only updates every three months or so and has been that way for years now.
    Yes as to updating daily but the Google Toolbar is not every three months anymore.

The last three Google Toolbar updates were very close to each other. November 2007, then January 2008 , then again in February 2008. If this trend continues, we may be looking at more frequent Google Toolbar updates than previous years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes as to updating daily but the Google Toolbar is not every three months anymore.

The last three Google Toolbar updates were very close to each other. November 2007, then January 2008 , then again in February 2008. If this trend continues, we may be looking at more frequent Google Toolbar updates than previous years.
    Actually the January one is the only one that actually happened. There was no update in November or Frebruary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Actually the January one is the only one that actually happened. There was no update in November or Frebruary.
    A lot of webmasters reported an update the last week of October 2007. I don't recall if I had any changes. But there was also another one the week of February 26, 2008. I know this occurred because two of my sites went from PR 4 to PR 5 and several of my friends sites also went up in PR. It appears to also be confirmed by other webmasters on digitalpoints and seroundtable. How could I get a PR increase in February 2008 if there was no Google Toolbar update?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot of webmasters reported an update the last week of October 2007. I don't recall if I had any changes. But there was also another one the week of February 26, 2008. I know this occurred because two of my sites went from PR 4 to PR 5 and several of my friends sites also went up in PR. It appears to also be confirmed by other webmasters on digitalpoints and seroundtable. How could I get a PR increase in February 2008 if there was no Google Toolbar update?
    The toolbar is known to change periodically for some sites randomly throughout the year. This could be from guessing or lots of other reasons. But the PR updates still only occur every three months. We see them happen with regularity over here.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Hi,

This is jenny.I am new one of this site.ur concept is good.i want a more back links in my product.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you leave your site for a long period or
    your server is down
    stop backlinks
    and so other secret factors your rank will decrease.
    I think so
    How to boost your site trafic ?
    Page rss reader - forex charts -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one my blog's pr reduced during recent updates when i stopped link building

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It went down? Are you sure it had something to do with that? Besides, are you on the first or second page of a search? How long have you been trying? Well, then, does it really matter if it went down?

The bottom line is if you want a lot of quality, targeted visitors to make it worth your while, you are going to have to advertise and get word of mouth going.