SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

form design

To display a background image, use CSS. Give the container element an id, select it in the CSS, and use
    Code:
    the_id { background-image: url("the_image_file") }
    To have an image as an input button that's "accessible", use an input type="image" with all of the following attributes. eg.
    HTML Code:
    <input type="image" src="submit.gif" name="Submit"
     value="Submit" alt="Submit">

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

form elements

Form elements are handled just like other HTML elements. True, every element has it's own particulars (especially cross-browser), but with trial and error and practice you'll become "well versed" in short order.
    Quote Originally Posted by nisha
    more details to it and also some reference and examples if any
    Luckily there are lots and lots of good online sources for learning CSS. Sitepoint has recently put it's CSS reference section live. http://reference.sitepoint.com/css And there is the w3schools site http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp And if you search I know you can find a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by nisha
    it would help me a lot if it is specific to my design and requirement of the form fields
    Only you completely and exactly know what you're looking for. Perhaps the best way to get ideas is to find pages with forms that are like what you want and study their mark-up and styling. Once you have a grasp of HTML and CSS basics it should be fairly easy to tweak it into what you need. In my experience the tricky part is getting things to be cross-browser.