User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General Wonderment

Hello all,

I've recently threw my whole website's design theory out the window scraping it with a more unique layout. I grew attached to a professional portrayal of myself when only I was veering away from my central message. BUT that's nothing to do with the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is that when coming up with new ideas for my design and the layout the notion of element's on an angle popped into my head. I have seen trickery done of sorts with borders where objects, and skewed perspectives are shown and I was wondering if it was possible if an element could be rendered at an angle when displayed by the browser.

Please let me know if further clarification of my thoughts are needed.

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

If you mean elements like text then no it cannot be skewed apart from using one of the IE proprietary filters. Of course that only works in IE.

You can make border art by using the mitred edge of a border but nothing that is really useful for a layout other than the odd little trick.

It would be handy if text could be rotated as I was asked the other day if it was possible to tilt the text for graph labels.

You can of course position elements with absolute positioning to make shapes but nothing automatic. It would probably help if you had a picture of what you wanted but I'm guessing the answer would still be no

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A graph label is a much better example, exact visual representation I was referring to. I was viewing a website with a title banner expressing something new in an upper corner that stretched from the top to the right side. I knew it was a graphic, but it made me curious about using CSS to achieve the same thing. But thanks for clearing it up that it's not in the cards.