SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to convert blogspot blog into my own domain?

Hi,

I am having a make money online blog in blogspot. Now I am getting good number of visitors. So I do want to change it from the e-make-money-online.blogspot.com into any other domain of my own. Will anybody care to share how to proceed?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes of course I can help you in this matter. Just register your domain at the name.com website and then accept google apps, they will show you how to follow further.
    Online Earning Opportunities - Money making sites and techqunies.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very easy way is via GoDaddy.

They have free URL forwarding that's as easy as typing in your web site address. Just purchase a domain name from them, set up your URL forwarding to your blogspot address, and you're all set.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sign up using Blogger. Google has partnered with enom and godaddy, you get free private registration and your google apps will be automatically configured to use with your domain.

Login to your blogger account, Goto Settings --> Publishing --> follow instructions to switch to custom domain and sign up using godaddy or enom.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blogspot --> Domain

Interesting. So you don't recommend to migrate the Blog from the Blogspot platform to a hosted domain with Wordpress, but rather just to point the Blogspot to the Domain?? Why not setup a separate domain, with Wordpress, and migrate the posts and links? Thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is individual choice. Both have advantages and disadvantages. With Blogger, you don't pay for hosting and don't have to spend time on admin, setup and hosting related tasks. But you have limited customization options. But whichever way you go, It is better to buy domain using blogger and then move to wordpress, if needed. More on Domain Name Registration.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to convert blogspot blog into my own domain?

Buy a godaddy domain name and then follow the steps here: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.p...n&answer=55373

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can make Google Blogger use your own domain (with blogspot hosting) or use your own domain with your own hosting, just go to publishing settings in your Blogger Dashboard.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but won't all the inbound links pointing to the old blog no longer pass pr?