SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% Money Back Gurantee Not Honored. Emails Ignored.

Hi everyone...

I would like to seek advice from everyone on how to make a company honor their 365 day 100% money back guarantee.

Last year I signed up for eFlitrate through their website and I did so only because they had such an iron-clad, on-the-spot 100% money-back-guarantee. After a few months, I realized that the software did not help me at all and I decided to claim for the money back guarantee.

I have emailed them countless times but I have never gotten a reply at all. They have also been consistently sending their newsletter with promos after promos and I know that they are still functioning.

The first time I signed up, I emailed the owner directly and she replied. After a few months, I emailed the same email address, among others but there was no reply. It has been months now and after so many emails to various email address, there is still no reply. It is very obvious that she is avoiding me.

Can anyone advice as to how to retrieve the $197 that I paid? I wonder how many people has fallen into this 100% money-back-guarantee trap?

Please help!

Thanks!

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you located at? If you're in the United States (and assuming they are as well), you could start by filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and possibly the Federal Trade Commission (not sure if that option is viable though).

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 365 money back guarantee is pretty unheard of... what were the terms of the agreement? Does the company offer a phone number or physical address to contact them (and to indicate they are a "real" business)?
    - Ted S

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what they're offering and there's no terms document linked from the sales or payment pages of the site he's talking about. The copyright notice on the site is 2003-2006. It's possible all the followup marketing is automated and nobody's minding the business anymore.

Chargeback the payment through your credit card. Tell your bank about the guarantee they're not honoring. You'll get your money back.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all...

Thanks a bunch for your most valuable advice. I think I will be doing a chargeback and making a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or some bodies.

Cheers!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually for 'money back' guarantees you'll be given just enough time to test out a product, say up to 30 days - most year long guarantees will just be in the order of guaranteeing to fix errors, replace faulty parts etc. This offer sounds just too good to be true.

IMO, any company offering such a thing are most likely just saying anything to get your sale, and it's always going to be unlikely that they'll ever honour such a deal. This is the problem with OTT guarantees; most customers are weary that they'll ever be able to claim on them.

Get the chargeback in quickly - most credit card companies give you six months to claim.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Get the chargeback in quickly - most credit card companies give you six months to claim.
    Which is often why the guarantee is a year, after 6 months you have limited recourse to get your money back.

I read about a sophisticated scam, they promised giant returns at the end of three years. When the big payout was due they would stall for a few months before they stopped responding.

Why did they set it up like that? The statute of limitations on fraud was three years, so by the time the complaint was filed with the police there was nothing they could do.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a little baffled because the service that I signed up is from somebody who is quite active in the internet marketing scene. I am surprise that she is jeopardizing her reputation by ignoring this issue.

I signed up through paypal and I wonder if I can get my money back from there. It has been more than 6 months since I signed up.

Thanks again peeps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    call the cops man.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the refund!

Hi all!

I managed to get the refund after almost 1 year! I emailed her and said that I was giving her 1 week to respond. If not, I will officially lodge a complain with the Better Business Bureau and Trade commissioner.

Guess what? She replied the next day, after ignoring my numerous emails for the past 1 year! Sheesh!

Well, thanks for all the suggestions and I am surely glad I got the refund.

Cheers!

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Glad to see you finally got your money back. Now move on and get back to living your life.