User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Textbox control not found when in originally hidden div

hi there,

i have a relatively simple div that is hidden or shown using client side javascript. (using style="display:none;")

within this div is a standard asp text box with validation and a submit button. this button fires off an email script that takes the value from the text box.

now, when the the div has a display:block the form submits beautifully and all is ok. however, when it is hidden as default and then made visible via javascript .net cannot see the contents of the div and on return the text box is clear. viewstate does not seem to have an affect, i'm going round in circles what can i do to prevent this ?

thanks
    ally

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should work. Can you post relevent sections of the code?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi wwb,

thanks for the response, i have looked into the code further now and it wasn't a simple show/hide (i didn't build that part) it was using thickbox/jquery so that was the problem.

i then just removed that and turned it into modal popup using ajax tookit. one thing i came across is that the modal panel close button cannot be within a ajax update panel as it will not close once updated!

all working fine now,
    thanks again,
    ally