SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question need online db tools/apps

Are there any good online db management tools? I need something for MS Access, as I don't want to have to constantly download/upload whenever a change has to be made. I have been playing around with some scripts to write my own app, but I'm hung up on the "creating a new table" part - I can't figure out how to make it dynamic so that a new sql statement won't have to be written each time we need to create a new table (the fields may be different in each one). I should add that others will be using this who aren't programmers.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a product called TableEditoR which I think does what you're looking for (please don't shout if it doesn't ). I've personally found it to be quite buggy - it's great for simple db management but it falls over on some tasks. That may be host-dependant though (the problem tasks rely on certain server configurations I believe).

It'll be worth a look at if nothing else. Even if it's not suitable as-is, it may give you some ideas for your own product .

http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/projects/tableeditor.asp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i came across that this morning, but was a little aprehensive about it for some reason. might give it a try if i can't come up with anything else. thanks