SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colour Calibration

Hi all

This is my first post here.
    I've got a problem with colour calibration ever since I began working with an LCD flat panel monitor.
    I don't know why this is so but the colours I see on my monitor appears to be darker then on other people's monitor.
    This is the case with my notebook computer's display as well.

I got such a big shock when I viewed one of the pages i designed on another computer....it was so much lighter and brighter.

Does anyone know how to get around this? (other than getting a new display!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt there's anything wrong with your monitor. I would simply mess around with all of the display settings with your monitor until you get something that works for you. And, keeping this in mind, your friends' computers hardly provide an accurate representation of what everyone else will see -- every monitor is different and/or set differently, so no matter how it looks on one monitor, it will definitely look different on another monitor.

And welcome to SitePoint! Why not introduce yourself in the Introductions forum? I'll see you around.

-Colin
    Colin Anderson
    Ambition is a poor excuse for those without
    sense enough to be lazy.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply!

Was wondering if anyone have noticed that colours on LCD displays appear to be darker than on CRT displays, generally.

I have seen the same colour appear different on different displays before but this is STARK..to the extent that what appears to be well contrasted on LCDs are no longer so on CRTs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my flat panel actually has VERY good color. it is a bit darker, as far as that goes, but i believe it is far more accurate. and it's really not dark at all. Bright colors are bright.

If everyone had a monitor like mine, the world would be a happy place